• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Got a warning from

Black_Warrior

So I see how prompt CW moderators can be when they want to. Usually they are lazy af, forgetting to make threads sticky, forgetting to take threads off sticky, turning a blind eye to personal attacks, name calling and insults but when Slippy888 creates a few threads, they're suddenly not lazy and useless anymore

Athlai

Not Terrible
So I see how prompt CW moderators can be when they want to. Usually they are lazy af, forgetting to make threads sticky, forgetting to take threads off sticky, turning a blind eye to personal attacks, name calling and insults but when Slippy888 creates a few threads, they're suddenly not lazy and useless anymore
Well hes actually made 50 threads in the last 2 months so still a fair chance they've been lazy in responding. Still stupid though.

OverratedSanity

Some of his threads were stupid, but he got a warning for this? Jesus. Considering how much crap on here seemingly gets ignored, this is incredibly silly.

Smudge

Some of his threads were stupid, but he got a warning for this? Jesus. Considering how much crap on here seemingly gets ignored, this is incredibly silly.
Depends what the warning was. If it was "hey, slippy, would you mind cutting back on the mindless comparisons and actually consider using punctuation", that would be entirely fair.

BeeGee

Depends what the warning was. If it was "hey, slippy, would you mind cutting back on the mindless comparisons and actually consider using punctuation", that would be entirely fair.
No it wouldn't. Moderators are there to enforce the forum rules, not to pass personal judgement on content that breaks no rule.

It always happens that moderators become overly officious and I'm always having to lecture the ones on the forums I've created.

Burgey

No it wouldn't. Moderators are there to enforce the forum rules, not to pass personal judgement on content that breaks no rule.

It always happens that moderators become overly officious and I'm always having to lecture the ones on the forums I've created.
This seems extremely discordant to me.

BeeGee

This seems extremely discordant to me.
Why is that discordant? Moderators aren't a protected species. They need to follow the rules too. If they overstep the bounds of their remit then there are consequences, just like there are for anyone on the forum.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Some of the topics he's posted are exactly the same as previous discussion (Flintoff vs Cairns being one), which is actually against the rules :p

Shri

Then the mods should merge the threads and shut up. Something they ****ing signed up to do.

BeeGee

Some of the topics he's posted are exactly the same as previous discussion (Flintoff vs Cairns being one), which is actually against the rules :p
And here is that rule:

Read before posting - Odds are that most threads have already been covered before you thought of it. Thus just check back a day or two to see if the topic your so curious about has already been played out. It saves your time, and our time, it works out great like that!
The rule requires the poster to check back two days to see if it's already been posted. The previous Flintoff v Cairns thread was 7 years ago and the last post in it was 6 years ago.

It would be utterly ridiculous to expect new members to search the entire history of CW every time they wanted to post a new thread to see if it's already been posted. That's why the ability to merge threads exists.

Last edited: