• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

pasag

RTDAS
Oh well, the dream was good whilst it lasted. Think I'll support India now, deserve to win and the last thing anyone wants is for the Saffies to win anything.

shivfan

Banned
Pakistan's spin bowling attack is proving it's class....

The Dutch batsmen are totally at sea, with the notable exception of RTD.

atisha_ro

All but over, I reckon. What is good for world cricket is that I can watch this on TV, with native commentary, a thing I wouldn't have imagined to happen in my lifetime. So there.

KiWiNiNjA

All over red rover.

And now the rain will come down, and NZ will go into the Super 8's without actually playing a T20.

Fusion

Global Moderator
moral high horse? on the contrary. I am merely being honest. a lot of this so called marginalisation is nothing more than a figment of the collective pakistani imagination and our tendency to look for scapegoats. the isolation's there for a reason - the gross incompetency of pakistani cricket boards over the years, the financial mismanagement, the internal turmoil, all of 'em add up - cricket doesn't just exist in a bubble. people, in general, judge nations based on their previous track records and ours isn't exactly stellar. have a look around on the forum and read xuhaib's 'support team' thread. there's a reason nobody choose pakistan as their second team.

i contend that your question is completely spurious. better for the whole world? what the bleeding hell... neither of the two outcomes are going to create as much as a ripple in the wider scheme of things. obviously, a dutch win would be FAR more memorable than a pakistani defeat. your attempt at trying to paint a defeat here as the demise of cricket in pakistan is needlessly reactive at best and completely infantile in its predictability.

in this particular case 'betterment of the game' is just a catch-phrase with absolutely no substance. the game as a whole isn't going to lift itself up a notch just because the pakistani team happened to accomplish what was expected of them. the attitude of the pakistani cricketers and the tempestuous nature of pakistani cricketing fans means that a defeat here might lead to a few mock funerals but by and large, we have bigger things to worry about.

a win for the dutch here is definitely going to have a bigger net positive effect on the game in the continent. and to borrow the tired old cliche, it might actually lead to the 'betterment of the game' in the future.
Alright my last post on the matter so as not to derail the entire thread. Once again, I don’t need a lecture on who’s faults it is for Pakistan’s current predicament. I have faulted the PCB more than anyone else on this site. I also know that our current political and social situation led us to where we are as a country, not just in Cricket. The fact is however that Pakistan are marginalized. It doesn’t matter why, they just are. If you don’t agree, then so be it. I also realize that this is just one mere game, and the tournament just one of many. However, it is exactly this sort of tournament where Pakistan can excel. A good performance here puts Pakistan back in relevance. Nothing is worse than apathy, which is what Pakistan are currently facing. Anyway, you have your opinions, I have mine. Let’s agree to disagree.

Naumaan

Ned 72/7, actually 73 now, what do you guys say now?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
i said it before, it was a shame to lose against England
74/8 now
lol

shivfan

Banned
The Dutch are going to struggle to get to three figures....
:)
Let's not forget, Pakistan are yet to play their best, so they can still improve. We may see the best of them in the Super Eights.

Beleg

Alright my last post on the matter so as not to derail the entire thread. Once again, I don’t need a lecture on who’s faults it is for Pakistan’s current predicament. I have faulted the PCB more than anyone else on this site. I also know that our current political and social situation led us to where we are as a country, not just in Cricket. The fact is however that Pakistan are marginalized. It doesn’t matter why, they just are. If you don’t agree, then so be it. I also realize that this is just one mere game, and the tournament just one of many. However, it is exactly this sort of tournament where Pakistan can excel. A good performance here puts Pakistan back in relevance.Nothing is worse than apathy, which is what Pakistan are currently facing. Anyway, you have your opinions, I have mine. Let’s agree to disagree.
fair enough mate. for the record, i completely disagree with the bolded part and therefore agree to disagree. :D

Naumaan

What a stupid decision by 3rd umpire lol
by the way, i'm happy, it's a slap on the face of those, who rated Pakistan that low
associate wins sometimes but not everytime Dear Sirs
really it was bad to see everyone against Pakistan
which is worst than what i always thought
& Really happy to see some Indians supporting Pakistan
happy to see that :)
we may well not reach semi's now
but atleast not beaten by Dutch

KiWiNiNjA

Yes, everybody is against you.
Nobody could possibly support the Dutch because they wanted to see the Dutch win.

Beleg

What a stupid decision by 3rd umpire lol
by the way, i'm happy, it's a slap on the face of those, who rated Pakistan that low
associate wins sometimes but not everytime Dear Sirs
really it was bad to see everyone against Pakistan
which is worst than what i always thought
& Really happy to see some Indians supporting Pakistan
happy to see that :)
we may well not reach semi's now
but atleast not beaten by Dutch

myopia, thy name be Naumaan.