• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Important Discussion

Jamee999

I'm fine with keeping it as it is, but if we HAD to make a change, I'd just play all the teams 4 times rather then 2.

Slats4ever

the way i see it is that it's definately a change for the better making all the divisions larger and making less divisions. I think that this gives the lower teams a much quicker run to the top and that's what they need. Also it will extend the season.

In my opinion we have 2 viable ways of implementing this puppy. We run with the idea of 4 divisions divided up the way it was now, or we run with 3 groups of 12....

As far as 3 groups of 12 go, a random draw would be made and sure some teams would have to play eachother twice and u mightn't like playing these teams (but if you're going to want to be crowned champions of your division you have to prove yourself so stop complaining). Then with promotions top 2 could go up automatically then 3rd can have a play off game... That way 6 teams potentially could be moving around the divisions keeping interest high all throughout the season...

thoughts?

Simon

WCC Staff
3 divisions of 12 isnt an option, we will then be faced with the situation that teams in the mid table have nothing to play for halfway through the season and im definately against giving more sides the chance of promotion and relegation...

Simon

WCC Staff
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't like the idea of not getting to face some teams on my home turf. Thus, I ask, how would you decide which teams you play once and which teams you play twice?
it would be done by a random draw...

Simon

WCC Staff
Mr. P said:
I'm going to go against what everyone else is saying and say that I like WCC the way it is right now...currently the season goes for 20 weeks and in my opinion that is an excellent amount of time. I'm also not sure about 12 teams in D1 (ie uneven teams may not be the go, and as was said earlier, D1 should be an exclusive club...rather then the most teams)

That said, the idea could be a brilliant success, and if we went for it I wouldn't have huge objections...

I'm just saying that maybe we shouldn't rush in to radical changes to a competition that has had no real problems for seasons on end...(But whatever we do is cool)
the main problem with the current season is the length, its just too short, we are now finding ourselves having to do a draft, update squads on the site, do retirement generators far too often, an extra 10-12 weeks on the season is ideal and this set up allows that

Simon

WCC Staff
chaminda_00 said:
What is the deal with the two Div 6 sides jumping in front of the Colts (who were in Div 4) seems a bit strange to me? :@
because they actually went well, why should northerns and gauteng who were good be punished and left in the bottom division and colts who were woeful and not deserving of being in the higher division stay there?
under the current set up they would all be in the same division but with 2 teams needing to be higher we felt the ones who actually deserve it should move up...

Blewy

People need to understand the MAIN reason this was even discussed was because of the amount of work we are doing all the time... During the off season we are very very busy, doing drafts updates etc and at the moment it feels like we are doing this all year round... The extension whilst only small would give us that little bit of extra time in between all the work...

Blewy

Ok, Changes to the plan...

Taking into account that most peoples thoughts were against the idea because their were no home and away rounds in D1 we have put some changes in...

Basically now all divisions will stay as we originally planned HOWEVER:

D1 will play each other twice
D2-4 will play each other 3 times with 1 round in each form being a Bye

Now in doing this means we would have 44 weeks in the season, thats without Playoffs and the Cup Final.. Im sure all agree that this is to long...

So the plan is that 20 of the 22 OD rounds will be scheduled as double headers...
The opening and closing OD rounds will be stand-alone games... With this, it will also mean that there will be 2 weeks in between each OD Round...

So basically the season schedule will look like this...

One Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header*
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day*
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day
Four Day
Playoff's
Cup Final

* Denotes D2-4 Bye Round

chaminda_00

broncoman said:
because they actually went well, why should northerns and gauteng who were good be punished and left in the bottom division and colts who were woeful and not deserving of being in the higher division stay there?
under the current set up they would all be in the same division but with 2 teams needing to be higher we felt the ones who actually deserve it should move up...
Its not a be deal, but you would think in theory that a side that dropped down would be rated as one of the top sides in the divison they went to and a side they moved up a divison rated as one of the lower sides. Its like saying a from D1 that went down to D2 is worse then the side that went from D3 to D2. Colts may not have had a great season last year in FC, but that doesn't mean they are also going to have another poor season and be worse then a side coming up.

Umpire Money

I have read and agree that if we are to merge it has to be even.

If there are only playing each team once and some twice the fixtures could be done by way like the AFL does it. the top eight play each other twice the next season while the bottom eight only play the top from the last season once.(just a suggestion)

The thing with the off season being busy. The off season could be a week longer?(no one is going to like that) *disregard*

The international or divisions or whatever we have in the off season always makes blewy's job a bit busier. It does keep the interest of those few who are the managers but those who aint i dont know i dont see the need. I mean i dont even know who made it to the super six or what.

Ultimately its blewys and the boards decision and im happy with it as long as everyone gets a fair go.(which i think that is what everyone wants)

Blewy

well most peoples complaints were that D1 didnt play everyone twice, that has been fixed and i cant see how it could be any fairer..

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah second suggestion is better than the first.

Edit: I think what people need to remember is this is to make things easier for the staff...the managers don't need to memorise anything new or get overfussed about fixtures. Just post the XI in the right thread which really isn't that complicated..

Simon

WCC Staff
NZTailender said:
Yeah second suggestion is better than the first.

Edit: I think what people need to remember is this is to make things easier for the staff...the managers don't need to memorise anything new or get overfussed about fixtures. Just post the XI in the right thread which really isn't that complicated..
ud be surprised with some people...

Cloete

Blewy said:
Ok, Changes to the plan...

Taking into account that most peoples thoughts were against the idea because their were no home and away rounds in D1 we have put some changes in...

Basically now all divisions will stay as we originally planned HOWEVER:

D1 will play each other twice
D2-4 will play each other 3 times with 1 round in each form being a Bye

Now in doing this means we would have 44 weeks in the season, thats without Playoffs and the Cup Final.. Im sure all agree that this is to long...

So the plan is that 20 of the 22 OD rounds will be scheduled as double headers...
The opening and closing OD rounds will be stand-alone games... With this, it will also mean that there will be 2 weeks in between each OD Round...

So basically the season schedule will look like this...

One Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header*
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day*
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day Double Header
Four Day
Four Day
One Day
Four Day
Playoff's
Cup Final

* Denotes D2-4 Bye Round
Solved every single on of my problems.

I'm all for it now!

Mr. P

OK...im liking the newest proposal...MUCH better then the first...

I still disagree that the lower divisions run to the top should be easier, but hey...there you go...

I like it.