• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Introduce yourself

andyc

Pale said:
Hey everyone, I'm Pale, a schoolboy from Norwich in England. I am a great cricket fan and my favourite team is England. I regularly play cricket for my school and local club. I would like the job of a journalist when I'm older. Cricket Web looks like a great site and I look forward to enjoying my time here. :)
welcome to cw, and especially ot. its an awesome place :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Hi, Im Rich, 18.. I live in Somerset in the UK, and also sometimes in South Africa (Randburg/Port Elizabeth).. I am a cricket photographer as well as a student at the moment..

My main sport is badminton where I captained my college team this year and I play cricket to college 1stXI level and am a bowling all rounder.. I've been on this forum for ages, but not as long as some

My teams are South Africa and Somerset (cricket) and Plymouth Argyle (football).. My favourite players are Boeta Dippenaar, Allan Donald and Michael Vaughan

Other passions include music (Athlete, Muse, Coldplay, Feeder, Postal Serivice etc.) and flying.. I will be learning to fly in a few months..

Pale

Yes I am a Canaries fan. It was very disappointing to get relegated last weekend but we have to look on the bright side of things. We have more matches to watch, we are guaranteed of winning more than five games and we get to go to some very nice places. I'm confident we will return soon. :cool:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pale said:
we get to go to some very nice places
Including the centre of the universe, where you can watch yourselves get beaten by the mighty Pilgrims :D

eeek.. i think my ex supports Norwich..

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Pale said:
Hey everyone, I'm Pale, a schoolboy from Norwich in England. I am a great cricket fan and my favourite team is England. I regularly play cricket for my school and local club. I would like the job of a journalist when I'm older. Cricket Web looks like a great site and I look forward to enjoying my time here. :)
Welcome to CW - have fun :)

My turn then. I'm Håkon, 17 years old from Norway (born and bred!), just finished my IB diploma exams, thus I have a four month summer holiday to enjoy now - and I'm probably weird even by geek standards. I enjoy watching most sports except synchronous swimming and baseball, and got into cricket a couple of years ago trying to understand the rules. Never touched a bat, though.

As for other interests, I like chatting, writing stuff about sports (hey, it's why I'm here!), listening to music, and doing maths.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
Didn't you go down to Div One last week, BoyBrumby?

:D
Nah, I'm a glory-hunting Arsenal fan, but I do keep an eye out for the East Anglian teams (except Peterboring. Boo!!!! :D )

Pale said:
Yes I am a Canaries fan. It was very disappointing to get relegated last weekend but we have to look on the bright side of things. We have more matches to watch, we are guaranteed of winning more than five games and we get to go to some very nice places. I'm confident we will return soon. :cool:
That's the spirit! & you've got the derby back with Town jibbing against James's Happy Hammers!

Agent TBY

Pale said:
I cannot believe this guy is all of 12 years old...he talks with such sense and maturity... :-O

steds

Samuel_Vimes said:
As for other interests, I like chatting, writing stuff about sports (hey, it's why I'm here!), listening to music, and doing maths.
*tries to stifle laughs* :p

nah, I respect your love of maths, Håk. Ever since you taught me Spearmans Rank :happy:

steds

Agent TBY said:
I cannot believe this guy is all of 12 years old...he talks with such sense and maturity... :-O
sense and maturity don't come with age. Just look at nibbs, he's 20 this year ;)

masterblaster

steds said:
sense and maturity don't come with age. Just look at nibbs, he's 20 this year ;)
Yes, It's always upto the individual rather than their respective age and it comes from within too. But we're all different people....

Welcome Pale, glad to have you on board with us. Enjoy your time here, and from the few posts you have made, you'll be a welcome addition to this forum.

Agent TBY

steds said:
True...:laugh:

But I don't know,he takes pains to spell properly,and has valid points,even if i've only seen 2 posts,i couldn't resist making that comment.

Piper

Im Sam, Im 17 (18 this year cant wait i expect presents off all of you :p) Im in England sadly.... I hope to one day leave heres hoping... Probably the flirt of the forum lol (what?!?!? i only do it coz its fun :p).... Im an All Blacks fan and i support South Africa in cricket and yes the best player ever is Allan Donald (what a player)... Im a Lord of the Rings freak as it were totally love the films and book....

As for school im on study leave at the moment (studying for my AS-Level exams Lord help me) Im really worried about my exams to be honest.. as for what i'll do once ive finished school im thinking of going to uni either in USA or Aus i havent really decided yet....

One more thing *GROUP HUG*!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Pale

I am indeed looking forward to the derbies against Ipswich next season. They have a different atmosphere to other matches and it feels so rewarding to win them. Also, thanks to everyone who has welcomed me to Cricket Web so far. I'm delighted to be here. :cool:

Sudeep

Piper said:
Im Sam, Im 17 (18 this year cant wait i expect presents off all of you :p) Im in England sadly.... I hope to one day leave heres hoping... Probably the flirt of the forum lol (what?!?!? i only do it coz its fun :p).... Im an All Blacks fan and i support South Africa in cricket and yes the best player ever is Allan Donald (what a player)... Im a Lord of the Rings freak as it were totally love the films and book....

As for school im on study leave at the moment (studying for my AS-Level exams Lord help me) Im really worried about my exams to be honest.. as for what i'll do once ive finished school im thinking of going to uni either in USA or Aus i havent really decided yet....

One more thing *GROUP HUG*!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Did I miss something? No mention of Randall?