• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Introduce yourself

Rosh

Very interesting........... :jockey:

Good to know you guys.

About me.....I am Roshan born on 11 July 1973 :shy: I don't look that old.
From Kathmandu Nepal, have a regular job as a Hotel Manager. I usually surf from my office PC, cause I spend about 12 to 14 hrs a day in the office.
I love music :nopity:
sport
and watching TV when I'm free.
CW is cool :thumbup: I don't post much but I log on almost daily just to check out what's interesting. :cool:
Cheers :wine:

Sudeep

Pale said:
Hey everyone, I'm Pale, a schoolboy from Norwich in England. I am a great cricket fan and my favourite team is England. I regularly play cricket for my school and local club. I would like the job of a journalist when I'm older. Cricket Web looks like a great site and I look forward to enjoying my time here. :)
Fantastico, you want to be a journalist. :thumbsup:

Welcome, mate.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Rhyming slang? :D
We've just established there are minors using the forum/thread, so it's best behaviour from everyone, or else!

I'm Neil, 19, second year Economics undergrad at Exeter Uni. I'm another one who people often think is a lot older than I actually am (I was asked if I was my mum's husband the other day.. :() - and I've known for ages that maturity and age don't have much to do with each other. I'm also particularly keen on a career in journalism - and I'd recommend anyone with an interest in it to apply to join the CricketWeb writing team. I've been writing here for three years and it's certainly helped me.

I'm a massive cricket fan - I have been ever since I was four and I saw Graham Gooch smash 333 against India at Lord's. I coach, umpire, score and do basically everything possibly related to cricket in my spare time - but I'm one of the least talented players on earth. I'm also a big Exeter City fan.

I think topping this one's a good call, fingers crossed it'll do what no other thread in the history of CW has done and stay on topic. Welcome to all new members :)

Last edited:

Agent TBY

And what exactly do we write about if/when we join?I'd love to join but Cricket hardly ever interests me anymore,so I'd have to reject,completely destroying CricketWeb's future in the process.

andyc

Rosh said:
Very interesting........... :jockey:

Good to know you guys.

About me.....I am Roshan born on 11 July 1973 :shy: I don't look that old.
From Kathmandu Nepal, have a regular job as a Hotel Manager. I usually surf from my office PC, cause I spend about 12 to 14 hrs a day in the office.
I love music :nopity:
sport
and watching TV when I'm free.
CW is cool :thumbup: I don't post much but I log on almost daily just to check out what's interesting. :cool:
Cheers :wine:
how did you get into cricket in nepal? is there much cricket there?

Blewy

Im Brendon, 25 from Sydney Australia...
Work for the Australian Federal Police Protective Service..
Im a Tiger fan, Wests Tigers in the NRL, Hull City in the Football.
Recently married..
Love my cricket, although i hardly get to play anymore with work..
I am the boss of World Club Cricket here on Cricketweb (come and join up)..

Welcome to all newbies, this place is great.. I've made plenty of good friends here..

PommieMacGill

Hello all, my name's Lee and I am 18 years young. I live near Hinckley in Leicestershire and I work for National Grid Transco as a Network Despatch Technician, a title which would suggest a complicated job. It's actually quite the opposite and very laborious and tedious indeed.

The main passion of mine is Music, and I often only post in music related threads which is kind of sad I suppose. I listen to a myriad of genre's ranging from the Beatles to classical composers such as Ludovico Einaudi and try to experience and listen to as much music as I can.

Films are another great passion of mine. I love watching them and some of my favourite films are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Rules of Attraction, Saw and Old Boy.

I also love Literature, language and the use of it. How it sounds and I like reading Poetry and stuff.

Also a bit of a techie, love technology and computers.

Used to be a die-hard Cricket fan but I hung up my boots about one-third of the way through last season. I used a be a Leg-Spinner, hence the name PommieMacGill and I played at a fairly high-standard, representing Leicestershire and Under 15 and Under 16 level. I guess I just lost a lot of motivation and confidence after I wasn't selected for the Under 17 squad which I thought I should have but hey, that's the past and that's me, very boring really.

Last edited:

Rosh

andyc said:
how did you get into cricket in nepal? is there much cricket there?
Hi andyc,
you may be surprised that cricket now is no. 1 sport in Nepal, surpassing Football (soccer). This may be debatable but the majority of younger generation is hooked on to cricket, both in the form of playing and following.
You may be aware Nepal's performance in International level has been commendable with U19, U17 and U15 putting up good performance. Nepal recently won U-15 asia cup held in UAE. Senior side has done well in Intercontinental cup. There is a long list of achievements.
You can get more info in www.cricket.com.np

andyc

Rosh said:
Hi andyc,
you may be surprised that cricket now is no. 1 sport in Nepal, surpassing Football (soccer). This may be debatable but the majority of younger generation is hooked on to cricket, both in the form of playing and following.
You may be aware Nepal's performance in International level has been commendable with U19, U17 and U15 putting up good performance. Nepal recently won U-15 asia cup held in UAE. Senior side has done well in Intercontinental cup. There is a long list of achievements.
You can get more info in www.cricket.com.np
wow, thats great to hear (teach those football b***ards a thing or two...:D). its awesome how theres so many countries represented here

jot1

My name is Joanna but everyone calls me Jo. I am 24 and live in Gauteng, South Africa. When I was younger :p Shane Warne signed my T-shirt and I fell in love with him :-O and as a result cricket. I am a PA for a motor concern and volunteer at a shelter for abused woman and children. Reading is my passion, sci-fi and romance are favourites. I love music '60s to '80s rock mainly. I also love formula 1, Schumie is the man. :D