• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ireland Fans Society

Flem274*

123/5
Look I can't say I'm a true fan since they're not my #1 team and they're my #2 only due to heritage, but how anyone can not love them is beyond me. Such an easy team to fall for. They play a great brand of cricket, even their less fashionable players are fun to watch, they're guns in the field and they're genuinely decent at cricket. What's not to like?

wellAlbidarned

Look I can't say I'm a true fan since they're not my #1 team and they're my #2 only due to heritage, but how anyone can not love them is beyond me. Such an easy team to fall for. They play a great brand of cricket, even their less fashionable players are fun to watch, they're guns in the field and they're genuinely decent at cricket. What's not to like?
Their bowling is pretty drab to watch tbh but they're good to watch with the willow

YorksLanka

its always good to see the way they play their cricket and they deserve huge respect as they certainly arent pushovers...good on them..

OverratedSanity

They're really likeable, but tbh their bowling attack is really really bad. Hopefully their batsmen keep firing, because that's the only way they'll win any games imo... they're not going to bowl any decent lineups out too cheaply.

anil1405

Been a fan of them since 2007 tbh. Even gonna hold a St Patrick's day party this year.
Same here (like many others would admit). Also went to watch them in action in a tri-series the following year in Aberdeen. The series where Baz smashed the Irish all over the park.

anil1405

They're really likeable, but tbh their bowling attack is really really bad. Hopefully their batsmen keep firing, because that's the only way they'll win any games imo... they're not going to bowl any decent lineups out too cheaply.
Its an irony that they have one bowler that most teams would be glad to have in their squad or even the playing 11.

zorax

likes this
Brilliant batting talent, mediocre but passable bowling that is lead by a couple of decent spinners, sharp fielding, good openers with a World Class batsman at 3...

Ireland is basically India but more likeable.

turnstyle

Republic of Ireland is best Ireland.

Someone to do a breakdown of players please.
The north west used to be the stronghold of Irish cricket, but now it's become more Leinster dominant. Interesting fact - Rush CC has produced two captains for this world cup.

Bahnz

If the ICC had done the right thing and given Ireland test status 8 years ago, I reckon they'd be a properly competitive side right now, not unlike Zim in the early 90's rather than occasional upset merchants. Still an immensely likeable team.

harsh.ag

Best thing to happen to cricket since South Africa's readmission. They bring a wonderful dimension to the game. Good players, a history with England, a penchant for causing upsets at the highest stage, leprechaun jokes, another set of likable brothers in world cricket, drunk jokes, and a spirited way of playing cricket.

Go Ireland.