• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonbrooks chucking Megathread

karan316

Don't think Williamson's bowling action is much of a problem, he will be cleared for sure.

Last edited:

jan

Is it even possible for a bowler not to get cleared? Would have to be a real moron not to pass the tests...

jonbrooks

Oh fellow posters, don't get me wrong here! Williamson's action is dodgy as hell. It's just that the rot started a long time ago and this is now beyond a joke. No doubt he will be tested in a lab and cleared of all wrong doing. If that fails the ICC can always change the rules to accommodate him (it's been done before!). Failing even that Williamson can always play the race card ... ;-)

Flem274*

123/5
I hope he takes a matchwinning 5fer in the next test then gets banned from bowling his offspinner. Bonus points if he takes the 5fer with some cheeky mediums instead of the offies.

robelinda

One of the most suspect actions i have ever seen. Amazing there hasnt been more fuss made about it in his career so far. Im sure im not the only one who has seen him thrown down one or two part time overs and thought it he chucks but thought "who cares, just a crap part timer".

Maximas

Thing is, he's always been a rather good part-timer, amazed it didn't get picked up in England when he toured there :ph34r:

Days of Grace

His action was probably spared a few series due to not taking the final wicket vs. England at Eden Park. If he did take that final wicket, I don't think he'd be bowling today.

jonbrooks

One of the most suspect actions i have ever seen. Amazing there hasnt been more fuss made about it in his career so far. Im sure im not the only one who has seen him thrown down one or two part time overs and thought it he chucks but thought "who cares, just a crap part timer".
Very interesting that you should say that. Did you know that when Muralitharan was first no-balled he was averaging over 30 and couldn't buy a wicket in Australia. The ICC thought exactly the same thing as you are doing with Williamson i.e. Muralitharan won't amount to much. So they let him play on and the plague continues ...