• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

James90

Made My Day
- A productive morning of life admin (end of tenancy clean booked, train to Paris booked, hotel in Paris booked, flights to Brisbane booked)
- A clear schedule for Liverpool v Spurs this afternoon

Ruined My Day
- The realisation that my UK visa ends next month and I have to go home
- The daunting reality of going back to real life, and working long hours

Spark

Global Moderator
Made

Had blood pressure problems for like ten years, and then suddenly one day last month there's a weird tingling/burning sensation in my shoulder which lasts about five minutes, and like magic blood pressure has been completely normal ever since, just like that

Son Of Coco

Queensland drivers are only that bad if they have a Commodore or a Ford Ranger. or if they're old, like over 32.

I hear Victorians are the worst however. Someone please confirm.
QLDers are pretty awful. Never use their indicators or wave when you've let them in/stopped to let them through etc. Drive like maniacs down the M1. Makes you want to barrack for the road toll. But then, they drive just like the sort of entitled ****s who would vote for a Peter Dutton or Scott Morrison, so it makes sense.

zorax

likes this
Ruined:

Was supposed to fly off to India today to start 2 weeks of annual leave.

Instead I've been sick with food poisoning since Saturday night, and now it seems I won't even be able to recoup any of the cost of the flight that I'm in no shape to take

zzzz

Burgey

You shouldn't have any problems if you have a Dr's certificate to say you're too crook to travel without inflicting arse spraying mayhem on the airline and your fellow travelers.

Daemon

Yeah, contact them and get a certificate asap that you’re not fit for flying. You might get dicked around on dates if your cert doesn’t cover your flight date, and doctors won’t issue a backdated cert.

Travel insurance is very handy ftr, especially given the value of smartphones these days.

RossTaylorsBox

Ruined:

Was supposed to fly off to India today to start 2 weeks of annual leave.

Instead I've been sick with food poisoning since Saturday night, and now it seems I won't even be able to recoup any of the cost of the flight that I'm in no shape to take

zzzz
At least you kind of got the Indian experience.

vcs

Air travel generally blocks me up (maybe something to do with the air pressure?), so it could actually act as a cure in zorax's case here. :ph34r:

Daemon

There was an article recently about a man couldn't pee mid-flight because of the air pressure(?) and his bladder was on the verge of bursting.

A doctor onboard had to stick a makeshift straw or something in it and suck it out lol.

Son Of Coco

Has anyone ever had any success with this?

Have always felt insurance to be a bit of a scam. Have sent them an email in any case, let's see what they say.
I'd suggest getting a bowel screening kit and sending the insurance company a sample.

Son Of Coco

There was an article recently about a man couldn't pee mid-flight because of the air pressure(?) and his bladder was on the verge of bursting.

A doctor onboard had to stick a makeshift straw or something in it and suck it out lol.
They should've got the air hostesses to disarm him.