• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most career centuries in a team

zaremba

In the current match, the England team has a total of 83 career Test centuries and the India team 137. Is this a record for each country, and maybe even a record aggregate for both teams in any given match?

four_or_six

An India-Australia series a few years ago might have had lots too.

Must be a record for England atm, given how many batsmen are near the top of the list. I'm quite interested now in who is going to get to 23 first. :)

The Sean

I'd imagine the last time Hayden, Langer, Ponting, Martyn and Gilchrist all played together must have been a decent tally for Australia.

Adelaide 2006 as it turns out - 118. Would be surprised if we've ever been higher than that. The highest aggregate I can find for Australia is against India in 2008 with a combined total of 198 centuries, so this current match could well be the record.

In other news, dead set loving the new av Mr Z. One of my all-time favourite cricket photographs that one. :)

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

An India-Australia series a few years ago might have had lots too.

Must be a record for England atm, given how many batsmen are near the top of the list. I'm quite interested now in who is going to get to 23 first. :)
Yeah the race to 23 is a real battle between Strauss, KP and Cook. Could push each of them on to reach into the late 20's quicker than we think too.

I would imagine in time Bell will pass 23 as well which shows the strength of our line up at present.

Pothas

Cook got to be favourite, less likely to fall twenty runs short than the other two.

Pietersen should really be there already of course

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Did our Trent Bridge team have more centuries than this one? Or the same? One less? :wacko:

Howe_zat

Yep. Hammond, Cowdrey and Boycott and all ended their careers with 22.

Edit - or what Sean said

flibbertyjibber

There is a gang on 22 Hammond, Cowdrey and Boycott. Always been a mark you look at with any player as to whether they can beat it and with Cook and Strauss on 19 and KP on 18 they should all pass them.

Howe_zat

Strauss is pretty questionable tbf. May well end up on 22 himself. I'd back the other two to beat it though, along with Bell.

wpdavid

There is a gang on 22 Hammond, Cowdrey and Boycott. Always been a mark you look at with any player as to whether they can beat it and with Cook and Strauss on 19 and KP on 18 they should all pass them.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of them reached 23 by the end of our winter tours.

sumantra

very much possible...it might have something to do with number of matches palyed, i mean did it ever happen before that 2 players playing together has more than 150 matches to their name? and i am sure which never happened before is 2 batsman in the same side scored more than 12000 runs each (sachin and dravid, if anyone is curious)...in fact 2 batsman playing in the same side has 10000 runs...did that happen before sachin-dravid? don't think so...