• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most shockin' CDs in your collection

Hoggy31

Been sorting out my CDs just now..

Ash - Meltdown, this really is some awful music.
Spoon - Gimme Friction, souless pap.
Wilco - Sky Blue Sky, stfu Tweedy.
Paris, Texas - Like You Like An Arsonist, my god this is ****.

Know some of the older members will definately better this.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
I have a sick compulsion to buy movie soundtracks - thankfully now with iTunes I normally manage to just buy whatever particular track from the soundtrack has caught my compulsive focus, but it's led to me boasting such highlights as the soundtracks to:
Mo' Money
Charlie's Angels

I have no excuse for having a Creed album...

I also own a couple of CD compliations of wrestling entrance themes - its amazing how cool most of them are not, sans a roid-fuelled monster charging out of massive pyrotechnics.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Own some real howlers from my early-mid teens. Worst ones probly:

Skid Row - Skid Row
Holding Back The River - Wet Wet Wet
Young Guns II - Jon Bon Jovi

Uppercut

None of these are that bad. I have Meltdown too, it's pretty dire but not wildly embarrassing. Most of my direst music was when i barely bought any CDs, the album i now hate most out of all those i own is Maroon 5's Jane album.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't own Meltdown, admittedly, but 1977 is a corker IMHO. Can't imagine Ash ever releasing anything that wanky.

vogue

None of these are that bad. I have Meltdown too, it's pretty dire but not wildly embarrassing. Most of my direst music was when i barely bought any CDs, the album i now hate most out of all those i own is Maroon 5's Jane album.
...tee hee ...thats an album I own too...bought cos its about Jane...which is my name(tho spelt differently)....dont think I have listened to it in years...think I have carefully 'lost' it now.....:laugh:

Uppercut

That's why it's not that embarrassing, though. People look at it and go, "oh yeah, Ash, they're not a bad band" and you respond with a ":unsure:.. yeah..." and move on quickly. But when you actually listen to it, it's seriously dire. Every song (particularly the lyrics) makes palms hit faces and toes curl violently.

Smudge

First CD I ever owned was Ricky Martin's self-titled CD. Great piece of music.
When you went to the counter to buy it, did the sales assistant ask you "do you really want it, do you really want it, do you really want it..."?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Has to be:

Ali Azmat - Social Circus
Live - Birds of Prey

The former being the epic example of an album with one good song and a dozen ****ty ones. I could add Offspring on here but I don't think I ever made it through the whole thing.

thierry henry

Strangely, I actually don't own any really bad CDs, because the only time in my life I ever actually purchased CDs was between the ages of 18-20 when I accumulated a modest but excellent catalogue of classic rap CDs.

Yet ironically, I STILL enjoy the exact sort of pop music that so many of you liked at 10 and were embarrassed by at 11.

Simon

WCC Staff
Pretty sure I own a B*Witched album, not sure how I ended up with that one. Of the albums that i actually bought because I may have liked a song or two would probably be Hoobastank or Creed.