• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Twenty20 World XI

Fiery

Banned
Hmmm I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say McCullum is better ATM at wicket keeping specifically than Gilly. Would be interesting to see a comparison between the two.
I suppose it doesn't really matter too much in a 20/20, it's not like either of them are going to bowl. McCullum is very good in the field though so would probably give Gilchrist the gloves. I think Oram and Styris would both be very good 20/20 players also and go close to making this side.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Gayle
Symonds
White
Afridi
Flintoff
Pollock
Hogg
Bracken

Haha, bowling options anyone?

Chase

Banned
This is my Twenty20 World XI. Tell me what you think of it and what changes you would make. This is not based on current form and only includes International players with no County players.

Gilchrist(wkt)
Jayasuriya
Afridi
Pietersen
Flintoff
Razzaq
Kemp
Pollock
Bracken
McGrath
Muralitharan
He's retired, unfourtunetly, although that may be because he'll outlive his wife.

Flem274*

123/5
I would have:

Jayasuria
Gayle
Smith
Dohni (wk)
KP
Afridi
Flintoff
Watson
Broad
Malinga
Lee
For bowlers you want guys that do well at the end of an ODI innings, Lee=no no no. He crumbles under pressure at the death. Malinga is a shoo-in though for the team.

This is my Twenty20 World XI. Tell me what you think of it and what changes you would make. This is not based on current form and only includes International players with no County players.

Gilchrist(wkt)
Jayasuriya
Afridi
Pietersen
Flintoff
Razzaq
Kemp
Pollock
Bracken
McGrath
Muralitharan
That is one damn good team.

Scaly piscine

Kemp is a bit of a liability in Twenty20, he tends to get more than his fair share of 15s/20s at a run a ball or worse as he gets in and then gets out. You can't really bat like that down the order especially when even if he stays in he's not going to get much time to make it count. I know he has a decent record statistically, but like his ODIs he tends to offset things with the odd occasion where he goes berserk.

aussie

Gilchrist+
Jayasuriya
Ponting*
Pietersen
Symonds
Flintoff
Afridi
Razzaq
Bracken
Bond
Muralitharan

12th man: Gayle

Keen attention was placed on the bowling attack wanted to pick the best 4 death & economical bowlers in ODI cricket of late than i think would go well in 20/20, and i Bracken/Bond/Flintoff/Murali in think you got 20 testing overs any big sloggers.

Perm

Gilchrist+
Jayasuriya
Ponting*
Pietersen
Symonds
Flintoff
Afridi
Razzaq
Bracken
Bond
Muralitharan

12th man: Gayle

Keen attention was placed on the bowling attack wanted to pick the best 4 death & economical bowlers in ODI cricket of late than i think would go well in 20/20, and i Bracken/Bond/Flintoff/Murali in think you got 20 testing overs any big sloggers.
Jayasuriya, Symonds, Afridi, Razzaq to make up the other four?

aussie

ye Jayasuriya & Afridi 2 each probably, after all they are hard spinners to get away even in ODI cricket.

Julian87

1 Adam Gilchrist
2 Sanath Jayasuriya
3 Ricky Ponting
4 Kevin Pieterson
5 Andrew Symonds
6 Shahid Afridi
7 Craig McMillan
8 Andrew Flintoff
9 Shaun Pollock
10 Shane Bond
11 Nathan Bracken
12 Jacob Oram

A quick bowling attack of Bracken, Bond, Pollock and Flintoff would be awesome imo. Plus with Flintoff at 8 and Pollock at 9, everyone can just hack tbh. You then have Jayasuriya, Afridi and Symonds to tie down attack with spin. Symonds and McMillan can bowl a couple of overs of medium pace as well if you're desperate. The only spot Oram would contend for is number 7, but I think McMillan would bring more to the team.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1 Steve Tikolo
2 Herschelle Gibbs
3 Ricky Ponting
4 Tatenda Taibu
5 Andrew Symonds
6 Dwayne Bravo
7 Shaun Pollock
8 Brad Hogg
9 Nathan Bracken
10 Shane Bond
11 Syed Rasel

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm hoping that's in the truest sense of the meaning "World XI".
There's only one Asian. :wacko:

1. B Taylor
2. A Gilchrist
3. S Tikolo
4. S Chanderpaul
5. A Symonds
6. A Flintoff
7. S Afridi
8. S Pollock
9. S Bond
10. M Muralitharan
11. S Rasel