• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL / NCAA Football

duffer

I don't follow the NFL but isn't Belichick meant to be history's greatest monster?

Was rooting for the Falcons.

edit: This choke will haunt them.

Last edited:

anil1405

A random thought and a question to those who watch both Rugby and NFL.

Was Wilkinson's solo effort in 2003 Rugby World Cup better or Tom Brady's effort in this NFL?

ripper868

I was about to pull the plug and go to sleep at halftime...glad I stayed on. I'm not a fan of either team but you gotta appreciate a comeback like that.

Overtime rule stupidly harsh though, surely Atlanta deserve a crack at getting even, its like having a 'first goal wins' penalty shootout.

Francis

You people are complete idiots!

It was the best game of American football I've ever seen... although my knowledge is of course limited.

But Brady just overtook Montana as the best quarterback ever. If you think Montana's drive against the Bengals in Superbowl XXIII was impressive, how about a 91-metre drive (the longest drive Brady had all year) with three minutes on the clock.

Or how about that pass Brady made when he was 3rd and 10 and still 91 metres to go. And of course they needed two points for their last two touch-downs, and they did it!!!

I've never been a huge Tom Brady fan, but he is now the greatest quarterback of all time. Brady could have had over 500 passing yards had his team-mates held their catches.

Brady wasn't great in the first half, especially throwing that 'pick six', but his team-mates just kept letting him down.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haha why am I an idiot? It was an amazing game.

Edelman had some criminal drops in the first half, especially on a few slants where he'd broken coverage. Brady, however, was overthrowing his receivers and trying to force passes that weren't there. I'm pretty sure on the play where he threw the INT he missed an open guy running a wheel route.

Brady was already the GOAT IMO.

Francis

Actually the greatest NFL game ever was the Epic in Miami! But this is second... and it's the best Superbowl ever!

OverratedSanity

I don't know much about the sport, nor do I know if this Brady guy is the greatest. But he made Chris Jericho's list, so he must be pretty good.

andmark

I need a team to support. The only connection I have to America is a relative who died in the 1980s who emigrated to New York (interestingly, years later another relative died and our family received a condolence message in the local newspaper from people in the USA). Any ideas?

SillyCowCorner1

I need a team to support. The only connection I have to America is a relative who died in the 1980s who emigrated to New York (interestingly, years later another relative died and our family received a condolence message in the local newspaper from people in the USA). Any ideas?
Don't choose "America's Team" the Cowboys.

What's your favorite US city?

I have always been a fan of the Green Bay Packers, because of the fact that they are not owned by a single individual. The entire town, Green Bay, Wisconsin owns them...and also because they are the dairy capital of the US.

Other teams I follow: Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, and the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Chiefs have an excellent quarterback, Patrick Mahomes. Young and talented. The next best thing.

andmark

I don't really have a favourite US city and hold the unpopular opinion that New York sounds overrated. That bit about Green Bay is quite good. I might follow them. Rhymes with Green Day as well which helps.

SillyCowCorner1

I don't really have a favourite US city and hold the unpopular opinion that New York sounds overrated. That bit about Green Bay is quite good. I might follow them. Rhymes with Green Day as well which helps.
Yeah, New York teams are in the big market so you're going to expect the hype and the expectations to be high. The Giants quarterback, Eli Manning, should have retired two seasons ago.
Odell Beckham Jr. was a concern for the team, so many issues.
Their running back, Saquan Barkley is one of the best running backs in the league. Sterling Shepherd is not bad at all. A goo dB team on paper...and after two games this season, they are 0-2.

The Jets have a marginally better team than the Giants.

Haha, yeah, Green Day lol.

andmark

Yeah, New York teams are in the big market so you're going to expect the hype and the expectations to be high. The Giants quarterback, Eli Manning, should have retired two seasons ago.
Odell Beckham Jr. was a concern for the team, so many issues.
Their running back, Saquan Barkley is one of the best running backs in the league. Sterling Shepherd is not bad at all. A goo dB team on paper...and after two games this season, they are 0-2.

The Jets have a marginally better team than the Giants.

Haha, yeah, Green Day lol.
I can't stand the whole thing of the owners lifting the Super Bowl rather than, say, the QB or the coach. So yeah, Green Bay are really pulling me in now.

The horror when after all this and your interesting knowledge, I decide to glory-hunt the Patriots haha.