• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I seriously think Fletcher is most to blame for the English. He`s living on past glory, and can not admit it when he`s wrong. He tried to mimic the 2005 campaign, when this is a very different series.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can`t help but think how different this seires would be if Giles had`ve held that catch in Adelaide.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Notes to big Dunc -

1) You should have prepared. Match fitness and all that. Why did you refuse and reschedule proper tour matches?
2) Panesar > Giles, but we already knew that.
3) Jones as part of your leadership group? LOL.
4) Strauss over Flintoff as captain, surely.

aussie

Nnanden said:
I seriously think Fletcher is most to blame for the English. He`s living on past glory, and can not admit it when he`s wrong. He tried to mimic the 2005 campaign, when this is a very different series.
well if England didn't have allt he injury woes since the Ashes & had gone intot the Ashes at full-strenght things could have been different at this stage. But then again one could argue that since England weren't at full-strenght he should have changed England's game plan.

Its all tough though, not many teams have managed to beat Australia in a series like that, so may be he thought what worked in 2005 was best to win again. But all blame can't go towards him over Englan's performance, Australia must be given credit for how they played in this series.

Slow Love™

Just further from a thought I had in my last post, I do wonder how things might be different were we playing in England. I realise that Perth offered something for the bowlers the first couple of days, and Brisbane cracked a bit, but the pitches have been pretty dead for the most part, which IMO suits Australia to a T.

Obviously England's form issues would still stand, though they did have a fairly brief preparation period prior to this series (we at least got a bunch of ODIs to play aside from a few county battles prior to the last Ashes).

mohammad16

U could pick some random dude from the random streets of Uganda to coach and select better then duncan past his prime he never had fletcher

Johnners

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a team!!!! :cool: :cool: Hussey a deserved MOTM after again saving our bacon in the middle order in the 1st dig. 1 of the biggest factors in the 3 wins so far though IMO is that we aren't soley relying on Warne to take wickets. The fact that there has only been 1 5-fer is a testament to this.

Credit must go to Ponting's captaincy this series so far as well, imo it's been nothing short of fantastic. A vast improvement since last series!

Anil

Slow Love™ said:
To be fair though, if this were played in England, I'm sure things would have been different.
why do you think so? i think australia would've won comprehensively no matter where it would've been played...they are just that much better any way you look at it, man for man, as a team...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
At the press conference, Fletcher has reportedly ignored all questions on the Ashes result, but screamed "Panesar got out for one! I was right! IIII WASSSS RIGHTTTTT!!!!"

adharcric

No contest. England were completely outclassed and outplayed by the Aussies, a stark contrast to the great contest last year.
Given that I'm not Australian, this was an absolute waste of my money. Let's just hope we're not heading back to the days of one-sided Ashes tours.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL @ this Ashes special thing on 9.

They're in the Aussies' change room and they're all drinking Coronas. Except Warney, he's sticking with the VB.

aussie

adharcric said:
Let's just hope we're not heading back to the days of one-sided Ashes tours.
No way, with Australia likely to be without most the greats come 2009, i think for sure we will be seeing home advantage being a huge factor in deciding future outcomes.

pasag

RTDAS
Jono said:

They're in the Aussies' change room and they're all drinking Coronas. Except Warney, he's sticking with the VB.
Arrgh missed it, is it still on?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Jono said:

What`s up with the Coronas? Laaame.

LOL @ Symonds spraying his Corona all over Tubby. Owned.

Perm

Well done Australia, disappointed the tail couldn't hang around and help Pietersen get his century.