• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia v New Zealand - Final

Raghav

If we actualy pull this off with no Ryder or Tuffey and Bond and Broom not at their best/not very good at ODs full stop (only Broom not very good for those that misinterpret :p) I'm going to laugh, especially if the side includes Hopkins/Diamanti and Redmond. :p
NZ has always been a fighting side. It is one team which is habituated in playing its best cricket even without its biggest stars.

You do not actually require a great team to win ICC trophy every time. You require a team that is willing to give 100% performance on the field. In that aspect, NZ are top in giving their best, everytime in big tournaments.

I think we have good team at the moment (barring one or two players), that are capable of taking on Australia.

NZ will win this trophy for sure. Just a change this time - It will be Vettori holding that cup on Tuesday

NZ won the last Champions Trophy in African continent and there we go,,, we are on African continent this time.. some coincidence

99*

Australia should be afraid. NZ has a 100% winning record in Grand Finals. :ph34r:

Days of Grace

Average of 26.53 because he beat up on Bangladesh.

Against top 8 sides the average is 29.31 and an ER of 4.84. Decent but not a quality ODI bowler.

Most teams would select a player with those stats with no questions asked.

= quality ODI player.

But I'm guessing it's a waste of time arguing against you.

_Ed_

Average of 26.53 because he beat up on Bangladesh.

Against top 8 sides the average is 29.31 and an ER of 4.84. Decent but not a quality ODI bowler.
You ignore the fact that he was selected for NZ too early.

In the last 3 years (and against top 8 sides) he averages 26.04.

Hurricane

Used to live in Wellington (for 26 years I was there).

Moved to Sydney in 2006 for work :)

EST is Eastern Standard Time in Australia as SP. Fleming said.
OK thanks both for clueing me in - EST is also used in the States and Canada and it stands for the same thing. I was in Canada for a number of years.

Glad that the boys could reward your loyalty today - and mine!

Scaly piscine

Most teams would select a player with those stats with no questions asked.

= quality ODI player.

But I'm guessing it's a waste of time arguing against you.
Doesn't make him a quality ODI player. Makes him a solid ODI player.

If he was a quality ODI player he'd easily make any team, particularly in this era.

Briony

Well done NZ but it's been fortunate to have played all its games bar the first one at the Wanderers which has helped its seamers, especially when bowling first.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Really enjoy New Zealand ODI team especially in these knock out tournaments because they seem like a team that you'd get the better of if you played them on a regular basis but in a one off match they are always difficult.

The key is definitely how the captains perform, When Ponting is at the crease Mills and Bond will need to put him under heaps of pressure.

GGG

You ignore the fact that he was selected for NZ too early.

In the last 3 years (and against top 8 sides) he averages 26.04.
Yep thats what people from outside NZ fail to take into consideration, out bowlers and batsman are always going to have slightly higher/lower averages as we simply don't have the depth so players get picked before they are ready. If Brendon McCullum was Australian he would of made his debut over the last few years and his average proberbly would be in the 40's.

KiWiNiNjA

W00t!

Just thought I'd pop in to post this and this. :)

Oh, and does anybody know of a sports bar/pub in Wellington thats open all night and will be showing the final?

pasag

RTDAS
Can't wait. Won't mind if NZ win, their fans deserve it but would be so awesome if we won, after a poor couple of years in ODIs.

Aus should be clear favourites with our batting clicking but if Bond hits his straps you could be in career best form and it wouldn't matter.

Matt79

Global Moderator
this was the final I was hoping for out of the semis - will be good to play NZ in an ODI that means something.

Howsie

Bond's picked up Ponting six times in nine games, thats impressive :happy:

Ponting' weakness perhaps, fast inswinging bowling (Sharma and Bond) have caused him trouble over the years.