• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* "Bring Back Darren Murphy!" thread

vcs

There are far less stat wars in CC nowadays compared to perhaps 3 years ago. That's my feel anyway. And I've been a constant CC attendee since I joined back in 04.
Yeah, I have also got that feel. It's almost as if that kind of argument has gone out of style, and the major debates that degenerate into stat wars (we all know which they are) have been done to death, and no one's going to change their opinions any more.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
TBF it's hard for 'Which top does Sachin look sexiest in lol?!' to turn into a stat war and that makes up 70% of the threads in CC :ph34r:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There are far less stat wars in CC nowadays compared to perhaps 3 years ago. That's my feel anyway. And I've been a constant CC attendee since I joined back in 04.
I disagree. 79.8% of threads started in CC in the last month include a stats war compared to 65.9% for the same month 3 years ago.

Howe_zat

I disagree. 79.8% of threads started in CC in the last month include a stats war compared to 65.9% for the same month 3 years ago.
Yeah, but that's an 8.3% just due to the general increase in threads of arund 10% over the same period. So it's just a case of extended oppertunity.

GotSpin

There's not enough fighting in CC these days. It's all very boron apart from the occasional IPL thread. Thank god India are touring England and Australia this year.

I think CC goes through far worse extremes than OT. CC became unbearable last year...or maybe the year before. Can't remember but there was a lot of fuss over the state of CC discussion

Last edited: