• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Lord's

Furball

Evil Scotsman
On the other hand though, when did we last go on to lose a series that we led? Can't remember.

We've drawn a few, obviously.

Celebrating a victory and labelling your team the best in the world does not fit those definitions.

Awful parenting. I'd ground my kids for a year if they so much as applauded a shot from those ****s

:ph34r:
Interesting first question. Since 2003 I can't remember us losing a series we were ahead in.

wpdavid

On the other hand though, when did we last go on to lose a series that we led? Can't remember.

Maybe at home to NZ in 1999?

But I was only pointing out that India generally improve after a weak start over here. 2007 was a good example actually - they should have lost at Lord's but went on to win the series reasonably comfortably. And given that we want to win the series rather than avoid defeat ....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh aye, for sure.

The thing is though, had we won that first test in 2007, you have to assume the series plays out differently.

Not to say they wouldn't have gone on to win or draw it anyway, and they were the better team, but it's impossible to know.

Having immediately back-to-back Tests definitely helps us, as some have said. Chance to put the foot on their throat while they're still recovering.

Marcuss

Day 5 was incredible. The line when I arrived at 8:40am was absolutely massive. Weird too because people who arrived at 11:30am still got a ticket anyway haha,
Wut? News said they were sold out at about 10am ish!

Glad you enjoyed it though :) Although it's not surprising. WAFTest.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'd have thought his points about preparation are right, whether India go on to draw/win the series or not.

flibbertyjibber

To be fair Nasser has only written exactly what he said on tv yesterday after the match. England were fully prepared and India looked a shambles at Taunton and carried some sloppy cricket on into the test match. He is right, now whether India are good enough to win the series despite giving up a 1-0 lead to a very good side remains to be seen but I am sure India could have prepared better for this series than they have done. Just look at the condition of Zaheer and Sreesanth as pointers to how badly it has gone.

honestbharani

Celebrating a victory and labelling your team the best in the world does not fit those definitions.

Awful parenting. I'd ground my kids for a year if they so much as applauded a shot from those ****s

:ph34r:
FTR, I never said it was UR fb posts.. I don't even know why you would assume it.