• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in CWLand

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ouch. Don't reckon this next morning's play will be pretty. Where did I leave my thighguard, chestguard, armguard, spare nose...

chaminda_00

Why did I have to make an off hand comment about Pickup batting at 9. He gone and promoted himself as nightwatchmen ahead of Borcich.

Big chase, Cloete special coming up IMO.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Social life and length power cut (on the Electric Company decided to do "routine maintenance" for 8 hours on Independence Day; lovely) have meant that I couldn't finish this match report.

Without any further delay, Cricket Web XI resumed needing 365 runs with 9 wickets in hand and Håkon Mørk desperate for a score, on 2*. With him was captain Neil Pickup, as night-watchman.

Scorecard
Ball by Ball

Majin

Was a fair effort from the boys but Shoaib was rampant in that game. First innings let us down really.

chaminda_00

Disappointing lost, good effort from the top order though.

Reckon Kerr could be close to Test call up, if Dauth doesn't start scoring runs. Anyone but Smith itbt.

Goughy

Pickup 3rd in the wickets for Twenty20 domestic matches. I don't think the captaincy is even a big issue.

Would be interesting to see what side we select. A lot of ODI players have dominated in Twenty20. Dauth, Crampton and Cloete have all strugged though, so a few spots might be up for gaps in the batting department. Mork, Luff, Kearsley, Young and Smith would be the favorites to replace them one would think. Would be surprised if Cloete got dropped, so probably only two spots up for graps.

Bowling attack you would think is as per normal with Gelman and Richards maybe coming in if there was a big squad.
Dont forget Morris. The clear player of the season for clearly the best team in T20 Cup

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'd like to request that a deputy be named to Neil Pickup, so that we can have more discussion on the Selection Panel. Presently Neil doesn't have much access to CW-related email, so if someone can serve as deputy who would be able to, it would help a lot. The obvious candidates would be Thomas and Demeza, based on activity.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Would be honoured but I've only just gotten back into the side. Would support Demeza since he's active, a captain and established in the side.