• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v Australia in UAE 2014

grecian

On Smith, why change something that's working? We've done it with Root and others, and it's been a disaster, honestly don't get it at all.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Really, you ****? Didn't you post this?

Gambhiring at its worst
I posted that at lunch time. It was 3 am here at tgat time and Australia Aus were 7 down. Which is when it looked like it woukd get over by tea. The previous comment was yesterday. And tbf Roger s was playing really well and had he lasted till lunch Aus might have saved the match.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Oh the joy of winning against a side that dominates you! Read this interesting nugget on Twitter:

"Combined experience of Pak XI after Test is 86 wickets, their least experienced side to win a Test since the Oval 1954 vs Eng (71 wickets)."

Howe_zat

Oh the joy of winning against a side that dominates you! Read this interesting nugget on Twitter:

"Combined experience of Pak XI after Test is 86 wickets, their least experienced side to win a Test since the Oval 1954 vs Eng (71 wickets)."
My first thought for an XI to challenge that was Zimbabwe's side that beat Bangladesh on their first Test for years in 2011. Turns out they had 87 wickets between them, though 69 of them were Ray Price's and one was Taibu's.

It's still not a true stat though unfort. Sri Lanka's first winning team in 1985 had only 55 wickets between them at the time.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My first thought for an XI to challenge that was Zimbabwe's side that beat Bangladesh on their first Test for years in 2011. Turns out they had 87 wickets between them, though 69 of them were Ray Price's and one was Taibu's.

It's still not a true stat though unfort. Sri Lanka's first winning team in 1985 had only 55 wickets between them at the time.
Err. Yes it is! :p

Combined experience of Pak XI after Test is 86 wickets, their least experienced side to win a Test since the Oval 1954 vs Eng (71 wickets).
Pakistan-only stat.

I thought we were just trying to come up with different teams that beat that rather than disproving the stat which is clearly true.

grecian

This must have been a decent shout for the time, Gooch may skew it a bit.

Oh beaten by Howe, never mind.

Last edited:

Spikey

in the past 5 years has australia dropped a batsman following a victory even once? and i don't mean following the end of the series like marsh and bailey. between tests in a series. i can't think of anyone. injury related changes don't count either.

Howe_zat

in the past 5 years has australia dropped a batsman following a victory even once? and i don't mean following the end of the series like marsh and bailey. between tests in a series. i can't think of anyone. injury related changes don't count either.
Who did Eddie Cowan come in for against India in 2011-12?

Howe_zat

Lower bound is 2009 - Marcus North dropped after 2 wins in SA for the 3rd test (McGain's)

Probably the last one though