• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

irfan

With all this hoopla and hoo-haa over Johnson's omission why is Doherty's position not under threat?

He bowled darts that were never going to be effective at test match level and was basically granted two wickets in the first innings with one of them being Jimmy Anderson of all people trying party tricks.

I would still give Hauritz a go as he has a very good record in Australia albeit against WI and Pakistan but he, like Johnson, is a confidence bowler and his 5 wicket haul against NSW would have done him the world of good.

Doubt the selectors would do a u-turn though and I'm pretty sure he has fallen out of Punter's favourites list post India.

Heard there is a new curator in Adelaide - hopefully he keeps a bit of spice in the pitch otherwise these next 5 days will be a massive snoozefest.

howardj

Well done selectors!

Now, if we can just get rid of North and have a 2nd look at Dohers Doherty.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Two changes to the Aussie XI then

Fairly sure Johnson & Hilf were the first two bowlers on the teamsheet for most people before the first Test (correct me if I'm wrong though), crazy

Pizzorno

England unchanged. Quality. Let's have em boys; them vodka swilling commies can't stop us winning the Ashes.

Howe_zat

It was quite an old side anyway. Harris for Hilf adds about 4 years. Siddle still the youngest at 26, average age of the batsmen about 33.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Australia batting first reduces the chances of a repeat of Adelaide 06 dramatically anyway :D