• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pets

Hurricane

oops, don't tell her i said that haha.

Kittens found new homes or they still with you?
We adopted her aged 18 months from the cat haven - they said she had had kittens. No doubt given away to other homes.

After I adopted her I ended up doing volunteer work for the cat haven for a while. Including posting advertisements of cats on Trade Me.

Top_Cat

Kirki and I foster ex-racing greyhounds, this one is KC and she is very pretty (and blindingly fast). A couple of pics from her Derp and Awe campaign.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Have two cats as well, for the record. Kirki's fat ginger is ****ing ugly so I'll post pics of my stunning little blue/grey soon.

thats an awesome pet. how does she behave?
haha, watch out, greyhound owners tend to become evangelists for them.

In general they're pretty lazy, will often take up a couch or patch of floor for 23.9 hours of the day then flip the racing switch in their tiny brains and you can watch a magnificent athlete fly around the yard for 2 minutes before they collapse and sleep again. Really are terrifyingly quick too, been known to get above 80 k's.

We've had a few by now and they're generally pretty happy, sometimes s bit sooky/clingy and, because they're so big, you can give them a big cuddle. They leave you alone most of the time so good around kids, etc. but not really suitable for someone looking for an active dog who plays a lot. They're so awkward and uncoordinated, like a swan with the physique of Wile E Coyote, it's hilarious to watch them when they get all rambunctious. Only had one aggressive dog, he took a chunk out of my cat but he was good around kids and other dogs so they're rarely truly aggressive. Do have to be careful and not let them off the lead because apparently they can see clearly for 1000m and if they take off, you've got no hope and if they see a small cat, could get ugly.

They really are the perfect dogs for very lazy pet owners. 20 mins walking a day is all they have in them most of the time.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Top_cat wins the thread.
Gutted, I'll get Ruby to bark at you if we ever cross paths.

But nah seriously reckon its awesome adopting Greyhounds, you hear some pretty bad stories about the way owners treat them if they aren't performing/retire.

Top_Cat

OH MY GOD I JUST FOUND OUT WE'RE GETTING A GREYHOUND PUPPY TOMORROW.

Going to be hilarious.

Top_Cat

Greyhounds be greyhounding. The hound we sent to Japan, Ty, asleep in a fairly typical pretzel pose.

By popular demand, here's pics of both cats, Ash and Monty (Ash is the good one).

Ashford

Montgomery