• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prior V Haddin

Who is the better Test Cricketer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hooksey

Banned
The day before the Boxing Day Test, with his position in the team in the balance, Matt Prior worked a long session with Jonny Bairstow, and Bairstow was the one wearing the keeping gloves, and the guy very likely to be taking Prior's spot.

Well played Matt Prior. Take note Graeme Swann.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
With Root and Bairstow, you're almost starting to get towards our treatment of Hughes and Khawaja with all the mixed messages being sent to them.

flibbertyjibber

With Root and Bairstow, you're almost starting to get towards our treatment of Hughes and Khawaja with all the mixed messages being sent to them.
Root has been messed about. Has to stay in the side but be given the full summer in one slot be it 2, 3 or 6. Guess that is for a new coaching regime to decide. As for Bairstow it looks like he just isn't good enough, has to go away and work on the technical fault he has and then maybe comeback a better player in a year or two.

Adders

Root has been messed about. Has to stay in the side but be given the full summer in one slot be it 2, 3 or 6. Guess that is for a new coaching regime to decide. As for Bairstow it looks like he just isn't good enough, has to go away and work on the technical fault he has and then maybe comeback a better player in a year or two.
Agreed. My preference for Root is back at 6 but make a call now and stick with it, despite a poor showing there is something about him that feels right and he'll become a very good batsmen in time (I hope)

Bairstow just doesn't cut it, batsman or keeper.........we can just hope that Prior regains his form and confidence because the alternatives are going to be a massive step down. Prior was as integral as Swann in our period of success and is going to be equally as hard to replace IMO.

Riggins

Bairstow is not even close to Prior with the gloves. (all gags aside) Don't see how they can keep going with him.

Adders

Boy wouldn't England love to have a Haddin type player in their ranks.
Don't care if he was a combination of Don Bradman and Alan Knott, I still wouldn't want him in any team I support...........had a brilliant series and in some incredible form, still a **** though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bairstow is not even close to Prior with the gloves. (all gags aside) Don't see how they can keep going with him.
Yeah my theory, as I've said elsewhere, is that they basically don't see any good coming from prior playing these two games so have basically rested him. He'll be first choice for the summer I'd have thought.

And if not, it won't be Bairstow, much as we all knew it wouldn't be Chris Read picking up the gloves after the 06-07 series, despite coming in for the last two. In fact, that was when Prior got his chance, though he was dropped for much of 2008.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You probably won't reply...but am I right in thinking you've met Haddin a few times from the NSW cricket scene, or have I just pulled that from my arse

I only ask as from the few I've spoken to from this forum who have got personal experience of him, well he gets mixed reviews as a bloke.

Not that it matters ultimately of course.

Riggins

All the older blokes i've heard talk about him say he's an absolute jerk. Guys who met him more recently say he's real good. From what I gather he' used to be an absolute ****, but now he's a pretty great guy.