• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prior V Haddin

Who is the better Test Cricketer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Believable enough. I guess a lot of top sportsmen are *****, especially in their 20s but then ease up when they get families, grow up etc.

Adders

Every comment and interview I saw from him post 2010/11 he came across as a bitter and sour man, every other Aussie player (even Ricky) was extremely gracious in the defeat. if i hear of similar comments from England players in the aftermath of this I will be equally scathing.

Just my opinion......

Son Of Coco

All the older blokes i've heard talk about him say he's an absolute jerk. Guys who met him more recently say he's real good. From what I gather he' used to be an absolute ****, but now he's a pretty great guy.
I met him in 2001 and he was a really nice bloke. We played a game against NSW, and of all the players in the team he went out of his way the most to be friendly and displayed a genuine interest in talking to us. On the field he was a top bloke too, just took it for what it was - a game against a country team they could flog easily - and had a bit of a joke with us.

Michael Slater was also a really nice guy, and Bracken wasn't too bad either. Bevan was a knob. Clark was pretty quiet. And Clarke said nothing to us at all. We had some bloke who used to play for SA on our table at the dinner the night before - I think it was Mark Higgs, he was mildly interested in talking to us. Haddin was on the table next to us and leaned over to ask us who the bowlers were and had a pretty decent chat with everyone. Couldn't fault the bloke. That's why I said he must have changed a fair bit if he's a wanker now.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Believable enough. I guess a lot of top sportsmen are *****, especially in their 20s but then ease up when they get families, grow up etc.
Think guys who play with him tend to really like him, rubs up those he plays against the wrong way.

benchmark00

And here's me thinking a test side would like a wicket keeper that's at least first class standard playing for them.

Mark68

Haddin the grittier, tougher batsman these days. I think he has overtaken Prior and is vastly underrated as a keeper.

Watson33

Since the 80's the only keeper/bat i'd swap Prior for is Gilchrist. That is how highly I rate him, Haddin and Dhoni just behind him though. Been a great few years for keeper/bats as far as watching is concerned, shame that proper keepers don't get a look though.
Sorry to dig up an old comment, but you wouldn't swap Prior for AB Devilliers? I agree Prior is top notch, but AB takes it to another level for me.

Mark68

Haddin has been colossal in this series, in fact a major contender for MOTS Johnson not withstanding. Evoking memories of Gilchrist at his best, England have been unable to dismiss him cheaply and he has been responsible for Australia getting the scores on the board. How long will he go on though?

Adders

no he's been better than gilchrist
Yeah as great as Gilly was I can't recall him dominating an Ashes series and impacting it so heavily like Haddin has here. Seem to recall Gilchrist was awesome in 2001 in England but still nothing on what we've seen here.

I know it's a close call and many won't agree (Hooksey) but Haddin is ahead now for MOS for mine.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Still Johnson for me. If this was 10-11 then Haddin is Anderson to Johnson's Cook.

91Jmay

Gilchrist series against South Africa seems astonishing on review. 473 runs, average 157 with a SR of 99.

GotSpin

Yeah as great as Gilly was I can't recall him dominating an Ashes series and impacting it so heavily like Haddin has here. Seem to recall Gilchrist was awesome in 2001 in England but still nothing on what we've seen here.

I know it's a close call and many won't agree (Hooksey) but Haddin is ahead now for MOS for mine.
Have a feeling Johnson is going to pick a bag of wickets up this morning though. Looked absolutely lethal last night