• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quarter-finals

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Come on, if the Falklands War, military Juntas, Evita, the Hand of God and Diego Simeone aren't enough to make one root for the land of beer and chips, ****ing Demichelis is playing for the Argies.

grecian

I know there's a lot of talk about Messi being a one-man team, but that really doesn't mean you shouldn't mark anyone else.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's a horrible challenge from Hazard. No attempt to get the ball, studs raised towards the calf.

Wouldn't have had a prob with a red there, actually.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus, that's just a criminal waste of a free kick.

Yer Phelgms have come into this a lot more second half.

grecian

I'm not a big fan of Belgium but really not sure why some of these FKs are being given. Makes Fellaini even more useless then he already is.

Spark

Global Moderator
I dunno why Argentina have decided to sit back like this, tbh. Easily had it in them to win by two if they kept on the way they were going at half time.

But I don't think Belgium have come remotely close to scoring, so I guess it's worked.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Really wanted extra time.

Bummer.

Been a bit disappointed with a fair few of the knockout games tbh

grecian

I dunno why Argentina have decided to sit back like this, tbh. Easily had it in them to win by two if they kept on the way they were going at half time.

But I don't think Belgium have come remotely close to scoring, so I guess it's worked.
Well that was definitely the closest would have served them right in a way, but TBH Wilmots tactics of getting them to boot it up to the big lads up front don't deserve much either.

Pretty **** day of sport this really, so far.

Spark

Global Moderator
Really wanted extra time.

Bummer.

Been a bit disappointed with a fair few of the knockout games tbh
Gotta blame Belgium here though. Argentina did what they needed to do, but that was proper **** in the last part of the match with that constant driving the ball into the box and giving away fouls/offsides.

Tangles

Would love Fellaini to get sold before the new season. So crap on the ground and useless when refs are giving leaning/pushing fouls.