• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

morgieb

Oi Reddit is great for MMA and learning about the HK protests okay
Reddit can be genuinely gun for the more fringier sports. Find their AFL/NRL communities way better than BF/LU for example (though not as good as active CS regarding league).

Gnske

Reddit can be genuinely gun for the more fringier sports. Find their AFL/NRL communities way better than BF/LU for example (though not as good as active CS regarding league).
NRL is pretty chilled out, talk **** about everyone, journos, Darius Boyd; it's great. But the AFL board is like the perfect representation of Melbourne, bipolar, uptight, snobby and touchy up the wazoo. Ironic for a board that calls their female players hambeasts until a harassment story comes that requires public condemnation.

I recall that B I G F O O T Y (yes it's censored, well done mods) is also absolute trash speaking of which, but I can't remember for sure given I made a single post there. Can anyone confirm my memory?

morgieb

NRL is pretty chilled out, talk **** about everyone, journos, Darius Boyd; it's great. But the AFL board is like the perfect representation of Melbourne, bipolar, uptight, snobby and touchy up the wazoo. Ironic for a board that calls their female players hambeasts until a harassment story comes that requires public condemnation.

I recall that B I G F O O T Y (yes it's censored, well done mods) is also absolute trash speaking of which, but I can't remember for sure given I made a single post there. Can anyone confirm my memory?
BF is pretty bloody toxic, yes. The only saving grace is that there's so many boards there that you can probably avoid the toxic ones + the non-footy/cricket/politics ones are actually OK. Otherwise....

OverratedSanity

reddit is good for the memes and for watching posters melt down for various reasons. I dont know why people would want to actually participate though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I watch the AppleTV show Servant, and the reddit community for that is pretty interesting with theories and such. I don't actively participate though... largely for the reasons already given above, and especially for Daemon's reason.

I'm sure lots of different sites were competing to be the "front page of the internet", "hub for everything" etc at the time reddit gained traction, so the fact that reddit won out on that makes me sad.

Gnske

I watch the AppleTV show Servant, and the reddit community for that is pretty interesting with theories and such. I don't actively participate though... largely for the reasons already given above, and especially for Daemon's reason.

I'm sure lots of different sites were competing to be the "front page of the internet", "hub for everything" etc at the time reddit gained traction, so the fact that reddit won out on that makes me sad.
Isn't that what Bing is? The front page of the internet? How is that even disputable, it's iconic.

**** reddit.