• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the teams from most to least likeable

SteveNZ

So there's probably quite a bit of questionable logic here but anywho.

1. Mitchell Johnson - Flawed, but love this man so much. Jono's quote in my signature about sums it up, he's ****ing awesome for cricket, so entertaining. Also love that SteveNZ (i think? was definitely one of the kiwi posters) called him a Snarling Mongoose, such a cool villain description. Killer moustache
Hahaha definitely wasn't me, I'm not really a fan (of Johnson, not mongooses. Mongooses or mongeese?)

Teja.

Global Moderator
1. Stuart Broad - best bowler to watch in the world when on. Bats
2. Mitchell Johnson - second best bowler to watch in the world when on. Bats
3. Moeen Ali
4. Ben Stokes
5. Mitchell Starc
6. Shane Watson
7. Nathan Lyon
8. Joe Root
9. Micheal Clarke
10. David Warner
11. Jos Buttler
12. Josh Hazelwood
13. Mark Wood
14. Chris Rogers
15. Ian Bell
16. Brad Haddin
17. Steve Smith - Too much of a John Cena vibe. Too ****ing good, looks like a great guy, cute face. I like my TV with moral ambiguity.
18. James Anderson - The Dark Lord

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't get how your favourite player can be Sreesanth, and then a bowler who bowls Sreesanth's length and style but just a gazillion times better (Steyn) isn't who you rate as best to watch.

You stink Teja. You stink.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I don't get how your favourite player can be Sreesanth, and then a bowler who bowls Sreesanth's length and style but just a gazillion times better (Steyn) isn't who you rate as best to watch.

You stink Teja. You stink.
lol wat length? :ph34r:

Sree was too cool for boring things like a consistent line and length.

Last edited:

Adders

1. TPC. go boil yer head indiaholic. He's The People's Champion for much much more than his ability. Gives all goofy lookin guys the hope (mostly false tbf) of pulling a hot missus.
But thats why I hate him........im better looking (subjective) yet my missus is a moose:ph34r:

Whats he got that i dont ( apart from money, talent and possibly personality) the blokes a dead set **** imo.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm hiding my passport before I say this but Mitchell Johnson is a lot more likeable in interviews etc than how he comes across on the field

Pretty sure I said this last ashes too tbh

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah he's been well-known for being very softly spoken and polite off the field. The complete opposite of his bowling, and a lot of people doubted his temperament as a fast bowler on that basis.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I remember straight after he took 7-40 at Adelaide by simply being too fast and aggressive for England to handle, Johnson gave an emotional interview with one of the Channel Nine guys, where he was talking about some of the hard times he's had, etc. Kind of summed him up.

The supposed people's champion is very high up on the list of people I hate at a personal level.. People just like him because he is so good at cricket.
Like he didn't have a cult following on here when half the world thought he was a bowler.

Gob

There is something so disturbing about r00t. Davey should have punched harder

Steve Smith is the symbol of all the good things in the world such as puppies,batman,backstreet boys etc

The rest lies between these two

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The supposed people's champion is very high up on the list of people I hate at a personal level.. People just like him because he is so good at cricket.
Pretty sure people liked Sachin because he was so good at cricket too.

**** post anyway. Smith had a fanbase here before he turned epic.

OverratedSanity

Pretty sure people liked Sachin because he was so good at cricket too.

**** post anyway. Smith had a fanbase here before he turned epic.
Probably in the hope and expectation that he would turn epic though. It's really not a **** post. I certainly wouldn't like TPC anywhere much as I do if he was a Nohit with the bat.