• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin reacts to the presentation

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid said:
What do you think of Monkeys, i.e the one in your avatar.
I don't think monkey meat would taste all that good, really. Never had it though.

I've had alligator meat, and it was a bit too chewy for my tastes. There is virtually no fat in that, as the alligator is pretty much all muscle. Monkeys for some reason remind me of alligator meat (I don't know why, as it would probably taste completely different).

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

silentstriker said:
I don't think monkey meat would taste all that good, really. Never had it though.
But you'd eat cat meat?

Can't understand how people can hunt, to be honest. Well, I can, in the same way that I can understand how people can sexually abuse and decapitate children, but I also think anyone who does it is pretty ****ed up.

Dravid

silentstriker said:

I've had alligator meat, and it was a bit too chewy for my tastes. There is virtually no fat in that, as the alligator is pretty much all muscle. Monkeys for some reason remind me of alligator meat (I don't know why, as it would probably taste completely different).
How do you know? Do you think a Pig taste good? People eat it you know.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid said:
How do you know? Do you think a Pig taste good? People eat it you know.
Yea pork is pretty good. Nothing like beef though, which I pretty much eat every day. Seafood is OK, I like squid and couple other meats, as well as some fish such as salmon and trout. Lobster is just OK, for me. As for walking animals, chicken and beef are my favorites, and I eat the rest as I hunt, if the meat is edible.

I pretty much like most meats. I'd be willing to try it out of course, I am just saying I don't know if I'd like it.

Alligators for example are pretty healthy. Like a 6 oz serving has only 3% fat out of like 200 calories. So its an awesome source of lean meat, plus it has lots of calcium, I think. But like I said, I've had it 2-3 times, and it was a bit too chewy for my tastes but that could have been just how it was prepared.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
FaaipDeOiad said:
But you'd eat cat meat?
Well, I'd try it out. Thing about some animals is that the meat just isn't very good.

Take deer for example, when you gut it, you can pretty much get 55-60 pounds of meat. Most of that tastes OK, except the backstrap. I mean just put your fingers in the back and slowly take the entire backstrap out. Then marinate it and cook it...thats the best part.

The rest is OK, though there is also some good parts around the ribs. You can donate the rest to the homeless shelter or things like that.

Can't understand how people can hunt, to be honest. Well, I can, in the same way that I can understand how people can sexually abuse and decapitate children, but I also think anyone who does it is pretty ****ed up.
Errr....chicken = children?

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
FaaipDeOiad said:
Spot on. It's so dire that it is socially accepted.

Dravid

Its interesting how this thread went from the Aussies pushing Pawar out of the way, to SS eating alligators.

FaaipDeOiad

silentstriker said:
Errr....chicken = children?
No, but killing animals for the sheer pleasure of it is pretty messed up. There's a significant difference between killing animals because you need to in order to eat, or because it is your source of income (ie running a farm of similar), and doing it just because you want to. Anyone who got pleasure out of killing animals would have to be bordering on being a sociopath, IMO.

pasag

RTDAS
silentstriker said:
You realize my arrow or bullet would kill the animal with much less suffering then the meat factories in general.
Lol @ your attempt to care about the animals. You're killing for fun, that's absurd. Stop.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
pasag said:
Lol @ your attempt to care about the animals. You're killing for fun, that's absurd. Stop.
Well there is no need for any animal to suffer, and I am just pointing out the difference in the level of suffering.

Also, most of the deer that I shoot would die of starvation in the winter here anyway (or on the highway if they get too far, which is dangerous for both people and deer). So either we kill them, or someone else has to at the end.

I'm surprised at the hostility, none of you ever fish?

Dravid

silentstriker said:
Well there is no need for any animal to suffer, and I am just pointing out the difference in the level of suffering.

Also, most of the deer that I shoot would die of starvation in the winter here anyway (or on the highway if they get too far, which is dangerous for both people and deer). So either we kill them, or someone else has to at the end.
Was in Phily one day to see a sixers game. Never saw a deer in my time there

Dravid

silentstriker said:
Yes, I am sure they don't wander into center city. I live in the 'burbs.
Closer to Jersey or away from Jersey? I'm moving to Jersey once I come back. And if you know anything about Jersey, then I'm moving into Brown Town. If you know nothing about Jersey then Brown Town is Edison. I'm sure you have heard of Edison NJ?