• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sarfraz claims Woolmer "murdered"

Poker Boy

I really, really hope this is just mischief making and its not true. It would be as horrific as the Columbian fotballer who got shot after scoring an OG in 1994 WC. Please God say its not true..

Scaly piscine

I'm more inclined to believe he was murdered given the police have ordered a full-scale investigation. But we'll just have to wait and see really.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is seriously surreal. Find it very difficult to believe. :-O

Not too sure about the thread title though; it's a bit definite at this stage for me. Maybe a mod could add a question mark or put quotation marks around "murder"?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Wow - this is all so very very sad. As if the Woolmer family wasn't suffering enough, this is probably the one thing that could make it that much worse...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have been pretty sad all day. It will be a very tragic day for cricket if it was indeed murder regardless of who did it.

dass

Banned
i still dont understand why people are jumping to conclusion its a murder???? i mean still there is no 100% proof, i mean it could a suicide too so why jump to conclusion its a murder???

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Quite a bit of bad "info" floating around atm. AFAIK, his death is deemed to have occured under suspicious circumstances. That's all anyone knows who's not involved in the investigation, also that they're going to be doing tests for chemicals and whatnot. Can't really remember too clearly. I lost a semifinal match today under what I found out later could be dubious circumstances. Will need to check up on that but anyway what I said before my rant is the official position and anything else is speculation.

Sanz

Really? Im a little suprised but not fall off my chair shocked.
Really, that makes two of you (along with Sarfaraz). Btw weren't you one of the people who didn't want any one to do any speculation ?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just heard on the radio that they're not persuing the murder investigation.

Hopefully it was just natural causes, a tragic event, but nothing sinister at all.

age_master

Hopefully it was just natural causes, a tragic event, but nothing sinister at all.
Hopefully thats the case - im watching our news as we speak though and they have nothing on it.

pasag

RTDAS
Sort of. From Reuters:

Former Irish cricket chief dies in Jamaica

Former Irish Cricket Union chairman Bob Kerr died on Wednesday while in Jamaica with Ireland closing in on World Cup Super Eights qualification. He was 68.

Kerr was one of the most prominent officials in Irish cricket and has died while Ireland entered the most exciting period in their history, during their first World Cup.

They helped eliminate former champions Pakistan on Saturday with a three-wicket win and, with Pakistan heading for victory over Zimbabwe, heading for the second-stage Super Eights of the event.

"The details are a bit vague at the moment because he was staying with supporters in Ocho Rios," Ireland team manager Roy Torrens told Reuters.

"We have reason to believe that he had a heart attack at 4am. We believe he died on the scene at the hotel." He was staying with his wife, Hope.

Kerr, from County Fermanagh, was chairman of the Irish Cricket Union, president of the ICU in 2004 and current chairman of Northwest Cricket Union since 2001.

Fiery

Banned

If that's the case then those responsible for scare-mongering by suggesting it was "suspicious" will need to be looked at. Let's start with Sarfraz.
Having said that, I still don't know what to believe and was leaning towards "furious Pakistani bookie head demanding a scapegoat and consolation for losing millions". Pure speculation of course but, until the facts come out, everything is really. The whole thing is as equally intriguing as it is tragic.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

Hmmm, reported over here in the news (hour ago) that Scotland Yard were flying over.