• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So...Nearly Christmas And Hows The Present Buying Going?

vogue

As the majority of posters on here are guys,and it kinda goes without saying that shopping is not a favourite pastime of your sex...how do you all find Christmas shopping for your girlfriends/wives/mistresses? ... do you rely on hints from them,or are you spectacularly brilliant when it comes to choosing the right gift for her at Christmas?...do you find it all a hastle and a stress.. and what have you got her this year?...

Or do you not bother at all and just become a scrooge at Christmas and let it all pass you by?.....

(This thread was in part inspired by Burgey,making comment that he wasn't intending to buy a Pandora bracelet for his wife and was opting for a Rabbit instead....shall be interested as to all the male CW's posters gift buying ideas for their other halves!!)....

Matt79

Global Moderator
Would like to do the Scrooge. Can I just say here - **** Christmas and everyone who's excited by it - apart from my kids.

Bought presents today, and an unpleasent, annoying exercise that cost me money I can't afford it was too.

Goughy

My wife has bought all the presents for the kids, my family and her family.

All I need to do is get something for her which Ive not started to think about yet. Plenty of time though :)

I bought her a netbook for her birthday 2 weeks ago so whatever I buy it will not be tech related.

Last edited:

Uppercut

I hate present-buying at Christmas with a passion. I'd much rather no one got me anything and I didn't have to worry about getting anyone else anything. There's a switch in attitudes from "he bought me a present, what a guy" to "he didn't buy me a present, what an asshole" or even "he bought me a crap present, what an asshole". Giving and receiving gifts isn't the same when it's so socially unacceptable not to.

I quite like Christmas in general but on a personal level I never enjoy it. The mother always gets stressed over it and throws a trademark tantrum, there's nothing open for me to do and I have a very small family so there's not really anyone to spend it with. Boxing day ftw.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Been abusing Amazon this Christmas. Bought some of my gifts over the weekend, half of them arrived this morning from Amazon, and I just need to buy one more. It's all coming together nicely. Wrapped them all this morning too, because it's the best way to hide them from my family and gf.

andyc

Have got Mum and Dad sorted, just need to make a trek to the local shopping mall for my brother. Properly proud of my dad's present too; we've got a full sized snooker table and he'd mentioned a while ago that he'd like having a set of pool balls for it too so my brother and I have chipped in to get him some off ebay.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As an estranged dad I was a bit stressed about Xmas as I have no idea what to buy girls of nearly three and seven. Alas, I somehow manoeuvred some sort of deal whereby me and the ex are going 'halves' on the presents, epic win.

Payday tomorrow so will buy some stuff for the folks and sibilings. Thinking alcohol for the adults, and a DVD for my kid bro, easy

Pothas

Yep Payday for me tomorow as well so shopping will be done then. (trying not to think about the rest of my degree that i have to pay for at the start of January)

andyc

As an estranged dad I was a bit stressed about Xmas as I have no idea what to buy girls of nearly three and seven. Alas, I somehow manoeuvred some sort of deal whereby me and the ex are going 'halves' on the presents, epic win.

Payday tomorrow so will buy some stuff for the folks and sibilings. Thinking alcohol for the adults, and a DVD for my kid bro, easy
Nothing for me again, Corrin? :(

vogue

Gotta love how this thread is full of serious responses.

.. yeah,c'mon guys... hardly anyone has said what they are buyin their girlfriend/wife/mistress... uppercut has even managed(again) to get in that he has issues with his mum!!!

...are all you male CW posters not buying your other halves anything this year...or are you too embarrassed to say what you are buying them??!!....

Jungle Jumbo

All done. Dad. Mum. Brother. Sister. Grandparents. Sorted.

Got to wrap them all now though, normally the most frustrating and time-consuming bit of it all. Normally ends up with bits of discarded sellotape everywhere and needless amounts of paper used. Gah.

Should be worth it on the day though, really pleased with a couple of the presents so looking forward to seeing them being opened :).

The Sean

I'm happy to let everyone know what I'm buying my girlfriend...as soon as I work it out myself. I figure I've got at least two days before I even remotely need to panic.

Jungle Jumbo

I'm happy to let everyone know what I'm buying my girlfriend...as soon as I work it out myself. I figure I've got at least two days before I even remotely need to panic.
Nah, just get the final four done, she'll understand when you explain...

G.I.Joe

Properly proud of my dad's present too; we've got a full sized snooker table and he'd mentioned a while ago that he'd like having a set of balls too so my brother and I have chipped in to get him some off ebay.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what a time travel paradox is :ph34r:

Goughy

.. yeah,c'mon guys... hardly anyone has said what they are buyin their girlfriend/wife/mistress... uppercut has even managed(again) to get in that he has issues with his mum!!!

...are all you male CW posters not buying your other halves anything this year...or are you too embarrassed to say what you are buying them??!!....
Just got it all sorted. A few hundred dollars on underwear (who knew nice bras were so expensive?) and some makeup and perfume for her from the kids. All of which she chose herself.