• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So...Nearly Christmas And Hows The Present Buying Going?

Goughy

As an estranged dad I was a bit stressed about Xmas as I have no idea what to buy girls of nearly three and seven. Alas, I somehow manoeuvred some sort of deal whereby me and the ex are going 'halves' on the presents, epic win.
You dont have this down do you? You are supposed to find out what she bought and spend twice as much and make her presents look poor in comparision :p

vogue

Just got it all sorted. A few hundred dollars on underwear (who knew nice bras were so expensive?) and some makeup and perfume for her from the kids. All of which she chose herself.

...aah,we girls know this....decent lingerie always is expensive,but worth it,for both you men and us girls.. :)

cpr

Having managed to manouvre myself to once again being single at Christmas (close run thing but got away with it) i've saved myself a fair few bob that I dont have. Need to go halves with the sister for me mum, eying up a DVD player for the old man.... Sister wanted clothes vouchers, which is win tbh. Brother in law wants a few CD's. Just a case of knowing what to get a 5 year old and an 18 month old (both boys) for the nephews, dunno what toys they have as its not often i make the 150 mile round trip to see them all....

Marcuss

Just get them playdough, you can never have too much playdough as child.

This morning I had no idea what I was going to get anyone but I've managed to get some sort of plan formulated. Just need to figure out what I want to get for one of my 18yo step-sisters.

cpr

Of course you can have too much playdough, thats how the stomach pump got invented.

And may I be the first to offer the obvious answer to your dilemma.......... Me

Marcuss

Of course you can have too much playdough, thats how the stomach pump got invented.

And may I be the first to offer the obvious answer to your dilemma.......... Me
You're probably right, explains where all my brother's play dough has gone. Into his mouth.

Whilst I appreciate your kind gesture, I can not be assured my step-sister will be quite so grateful :p

Matt79

Global Moderator
.. yeah,c'mon guys... hardly anyone has said what they are buyin their girlfriend/wife/mistress... uppercut has even managed(again) to get in that he has issues with his mum!!!

...are all you male CW posters not buying your other halves anything this year...or are you too embarrassed to say what you are buying them??!!....
Not putting it on herein case she sees it. Will post it once she's opened it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm happy to let everyone know what I'm buying my girlfriend...as soon as I work it out myself. I figure I've got at least two days before I even remotely need to panic.
What kind of gay icon are you??

You dont have this down do you? You are supposed to find out what she bought and spend twice as much and make her presents look poor in comparision :p
Haha, indeed, although there's no way I could afford to spend as much as her so this works out well. After months of discussion it's been decided they are all staying here on Xmas Eve. She's on the couch, not that any of my mates believe that that's where she'll be sleeping.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha, indeed, although there's no way I could afford to spend as much as her so this works out well. After months of discussion it's been decided they are all staying here on Xmas Eve. She's on the couch, not that any of my mates believe that that's where she'll be sleeping.
Or that she be doing much sleeping at all... :ph34r:

Smudge

Don't have a missus/mistress, so I might just buy my hand some moisturiser.

As for my shopping, in what is a record for me (and probably all single males in NZ), I finished my shopping on December 12. To be fair though, I only had to buy for Dad and his wife, Mum and her husband, my two nieces and my sister. So not a huge buy really. Gave my flatmate (who owns a toy shop) some money and got her to choose some stuff for my nieces, asked Dad what he and his wife wanted, and did the same with my mother. My sister (in Aussie) is getting a CD which I fear she may already have...

Smudge

This morning I had no idea what I was going to get anyone but I've managed to get some sort of plan formulated. Just need to figure out what I want to get for one of my 18yo step-sisters.

Rabbit. Or me. your choice.

Craig

World Traveller
Or that she be doing much sleeping at all... :ph34r:
:laugh:

I have to buy presents for my mum, dad, brother, grandma, and my aunt, and I have NFI what to buy them. Just lucky that week's work came up at the right time for me. I guess I will do it tomorrow.

Simon

WCC Staff
Finished all mine yesterday, only had to buy for my mum, dad, sister, brother, brother in law and my missus. I'm usually pretty good when it comes to buying gifts, I seem to be able to take in all those random hints in July so it works out ok.

cpr

I only had to buy for Dad and his wife, Mum and her husband, my two nieces and my sister. So not a huge buy really.

**** off, thats more presents than i've bought in my life!

Take me a year that lot

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Don't mind Christmas shopping, but hate all the inept people out at the same time as me, blocking aisles or generally slow walking in giant groups. **** off.

Smudge

**** off, thats more presents than i've bought in my life!

Take me a year that lot
I just bought combined presents for my parents and their respective partners, so that made life easier. And the $1100 I won on the punt made life easier.

Flem274*

123/5
About to go do my shopping. Hoping against reality that town isn't choked with last minute buyers like myself.