• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Michael Clarke appreciation thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
These are the Australian players I think would be better suited to the Australian T20 team:

Hodge (obviously no chance of being selected)
Hopes (is he injured?)
Marsh
Paine
Voges
Ferguson (injured still I think?)
Bailey
Rana Naved-ul-Hasan :ph34r:

WIth regards to Clarke's domestic T20s, isn't that the point? The guy doesn't play Big Bash, he doesn't play IPL (because he believes he's worth over $1mill apparently)... how is the guy actually going to improve his T20 ability if he doesn't play? Yet he's captain of a team which I believe should be the best in the world.

Just makes no sense.
Where did you hear this?

andyc

I suppose you have your reasons for making up things and I'm not interested why.

But man you reek of hatred.
You're clearly just trying to troll with posts like this Streetwise, and given your history I'd strongly suggest that you either contribute positively to the discussion or don't contribute at all.

You're clearly just trying to troll with posts like this Streetwise, and given your history I'd strongly suggest that you either contribute positively to the discussion or don't contribute at all.
Michael Clarke released a statement on why he withdrew before the auction and his reasons

AUSTRALIA vice-captain Michael Clarke says he will not play in this year's Indian Premier League.

Clarke said on Thursday his decision to skip the lucrative Twenty20 tournament was made because Australia has such a busy international schedule coming up.

"I won't be going to the IPL,'' Clarke said. "The most important thing for me is we've only got a couple of weeks off, we've got a very busy schedule.

"With me, with my body and time with my family, I want time off this year.''
Clarke pulls out of IPL auction | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2009 | Cricinfo.com
Read where the source of the information comes from in the stories posted by jono, it is someone unamed in India.

I wont post anymore on it as I can see jono is in your signature which means you have only one thing on your mind.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can see jono is in your signature which means you have only one thing on your mind.
:laugh: Oh dear

Streetwise, let's leave it here :)

I don't think Michael Clarke makes Australia's best T20 XI, and I think Dhoni is clearly the better T20 player. If you disagree, fine.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Michael Clarke released a statement on why he withdrew before the auction and his reasons

Read where the source of the information comes from in the stories posted by jono, it is someone unamed in India.

I wont post anymore on it as I can see jono is in your signature which means you have only one thing on your mind.
Yea, cause I'm sure people would have paid a million dollars from him. :laugh:

And stop trolling. If you have a problem with a moderator, email us in private.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Let's see how he goes in a bit. Bangladesh are spin heavy, should suit him. (Y)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Had a situation made for him, and did **** all bar hitting one ball over the fence.

That being said, no one else did much except the great Mike Hussey.

What a legend.

Jayzamann

Glimpses today of what could potentially be a spin-smashing cog in the Australian t20 lineup if Clarke were to play more of the format, imo.

And by glimpse I mean that stunning six. I demand more of that.

So Dhoni has a similar record to Clarke in T20I. Except Dhoni has never passed 50 like Clarke has.

How come people find that so hard to digest. Dhoni fanboys have got so upset that I have pointed that out.

Burgey

Yea, cause I'm sure people would have paid a million dollars from him. :laugh:

And stop trolling. If you have a problem with a moderator, email us in private.
Not the point though, whether he'd get a million though. He would have gotten a decent payday in IPL one, I imagine, but pulled out for family reasons.