• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Indian Politics Thread

ankitj

AFAIK, Shinto faith and its elements of king worship came under some serious scrutiny. Japan went on to do some serious introspection and reshaped their society to the extent that today it is barely recognizable from its colonial era self. Which other society is volunteering to do such self reflection, Mr. Khan?

Heboric

I was going to post about this , I wasnt sure if this was the right thread.

Anyone from Chennai on this forum ?

I am from Cape Town where it almost happened, and it was a horrible experience just thinking about Day Zero. You had to take real quick showers and only use 50l of water a day. Plus it takes such a lot of water to flush a toilet if you did a number 2

OverratedSanity

I was going to post about this , I wasnt sure if this was the right thread.

Anyone from Chennai on this forum ?

I am from Cape Town where it almost happened, and it was a horrible experience just thinking about Day Zero. You had to take real quick showers and only use 50l of water a day. Plus it takes such a lot of water to flush a toilet if you did a number 2
Hb lives there. I think Shri does as well, not sure about any others.

Apparently it's rained a bit which has provided a bit of respite.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Still in awe of this writing by Teja - found it and re-read after a couple of years as this is more relevant than ever
That was a brilliantly enlightening post. Thanks for bringing it up.
:wub: Thanks guys, now reminded I never actually finished it, and the part regarding the history of education in India is actually a lot more interesting. Will try to sneakily spend a couple of hours at work doing it in the next few days.

weldone

:wub: Thanks guys, now reminded I never actually finished it, and the part regarding the history of education in India is actually a lot more interesting. Will try to sneakily spend a couple of hours at work doing it in the next few days.
keen to read

weldone

Anyone knows what the Government plans regarding air pollution through the entire Northern India? Currently 22 out of the 30 most polluted cities in In the world are from India (mostly North India), and the situation will become an emergency very soon...

srbhkshk

Anyone knows what the Government plans regarding air pollution through the entire Northern India? Currently 22 out of the 30 most polluted cities in In the world are from India (mostly North India), and the situation will become an emergency very soon...
It's a self-solving problem, anyone who feels it enough to complain would die in some time anyway.

shifty_eyes

Everyone complaints about pollution yet everyone uses personal vehicle on daily basis which is responsible for major portion of the pollution.

shifty_eyes

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of concerned citizens who protest on streets and then later drive home in their vehicles, turn on the AC and go to sleep only to protest again tomorrow blaming rest of the evil people with real jobs who are not bothered by their paid agitations. As for your cargo ship theory, I don't know which 15 ships you are referring to but that is completely irrelevant here. Those ships don't explain why is polluted air trapped in North India. Per capita toxic emission in India via transport vehicles or industries is much less compared to other countries such as US or China. Even per capita electricity consumption which mainly uses coal plants is comparatively low. So blaming inhabitants while ignoring the actual reason behind air pollution is not going to help at all.

This article is on point regarding the reasons behind it.
https://www.downtoearth.org.in/blog/air/understanding-north-india-s-pollution-crisis-60426
While calm wind conditions prevent the dissipation of pollutant emissions, the temperature inversion layer tends to trap pollution
the Himalayas prevent polluted air from escaping to the north creating the so called “valley effect”
the formation of low pressure troughs across this region causes winds to converge, resulting in trapping of local, as well as pollution from outside
dry alluvial soil significantly contributes to wind-blown dust
dust accounts for 40 per cent of total PM10 in summer, it accounts for only 13 per cent in winter
particulate matter originating from fossil fuel combustion is more hazardous than ambient particulates
source-specific PM control measures need to be strategised and prioritised, targeting toxic PM emissions first
Outside and regional contributions need to be taken into account prior to introduction of policy measures to combat pollution
Monsoon-1.png
oo20181210-India.jpg
wind-speed-map-india.png

We can curb air pollution to a great extent by utilizing solar energy which is abundant here. Or replacing coal generators with nuclear power generators (maybe much safer Thorium in few decades) coupled with widespread use of electric vehicles.