• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Mr Mxyzptlk

broncoman said:
oh yeh i left 7th heaven off my most hated list, in fact id say thats number 1.
Why? 'Cause it has a half-decent storyline unlike some other shows?... <cough> Charmed <cough cough> <whistles>

Simon

WCC Staff
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Why? 'Cause it has a half-decent storyline unlike some other shows?... <cough> Charmed <cough cough> <whistles>
Its so fake, i hate to tell the writters, but real life isnt like that. Charmed is completely different, note, it has supernatural themes, maybe there should be a supernatural themes warning on before 7th heaven.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yep. It's not anything like real life. Nah, especially not when my father (a REAL person) went through the exact same thing as some of the characters to his manic depression. What a stupid concept of having a family drama! :rolleyes: That sucks so bad it's been the highest rated WB show by a long way for some time until Smallville cam e on the air. BTW, Charmed is a WB show......

masterblaster

My Favorites:

Simpsons
Seinfeld
Everybody Loves Raymond
Any form of Cricket, or Cricket related show
WWE Wrestling (Raw, Smackdown, Heat, Velocity, Afterburn)
Whose line is it anyway?
Any music/music related program
Saturday Night Live
Tonight Show with Jay Leno
Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Soccer/Football, NBA Basketball and Tennis

My Hated Shows:

Any reality show (bachelor, joe millionare, survivor, big brother)
Soaps (neighbours, home + away, bold and the beautiful etc.)
Popstars type shows
Boring/pointless documentaries about nothing

Im sure i have many more hated shows, but thats all i can think of.

And dont you knock Wrestling! I know its fake, but its super fun to watch!

:P :D ;) ;)

Rik

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Yeh. That show's awesome!
Indeed it is.

SNL I have never watched but I've got some damn good performances by some of my favorite bands off it. :)

Eyes_Only

Favourites

The Simpsons
The Sopranos
Law and Order
The Cricket and any cricket related show
The Bill
Will And Grace
SNL
CSI
I.M Weasel (A cartoon on Cartoon Network on Cable...very funny!)
The Pink Panther Show (Again on cable but is a real blast from the past as I watched it as a child)

Hated Shows

Everybody Loves Raymond
Charmed
Neighbours
Home And Away
Some shows on MTV
Joe Millionare and the Bachelor

There are probably many more but I have just woken up and can't think of them! :P

Last edited:

Hugh

Orange County Choppers is quite good actually.Not as good as biker build off, but watchable.

FRAZ

Hugh said:
Orange County Choppers is quite good actually.Not as good as biker build off, but watchable.
I hate the guy's attitude , reminds me of my dad when he used to get mad !!!!

Last edited:

mcmcdoogs

Best

Simpsons
Baseball (Cricket lovers will love baseball once they learn all the strategy involved)
South Park
Seinfeld (best of all)
Cricket

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
no quite right, in fact i actually prefer rounders, even if thats a bit of a pap sport, not sure what the deal with soft ball is either....as you say, its existance is simply uneccesary.

Matteh

Isn't Softball exactly the same as Baseball but with a softer ball? *shrug*

Both Family Guy + The Simpsons have poked fun at how boring Baseball is on several occaisions. Plus isn't Baseball shown late night on Channel 5, further condemning it?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yes indeed it is, right on both accounts, we had to play softball at school in PE once or twice, struck me as just being like rounders, but the ball was as you say bigger and softer, silly game.