• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm-Ups...

Marcuss

I think a lot of players would look top class if you discounted all the times they got out for less than 20 to be fair.
No what I'm trying to say is he's prone to getting out for scores like that because when I've seen him play he always looks tentative at the start of his innings, more so than with the average player. IMO you can obviously see the difference when he is comfortable at the crease. Once he gets through the early stages he looks like a brilliant player. Not like certain batsmen where they look like they're scratching around for runs their entire innings.

King Pietersen

Now this is what I wanted to see last night against Scotland. A proper performance to be proud of and one worth watching.

And as I type that Ravi smacks a rank long hop from Chanderpaul straight to the fielder. Been outplayed by Luke Wright today though.

Steulen

Can England be charged with actively assisting in euthanasia here?

Anyway, this is all going perfectly to plan. Lull them into a false sense of security, and then BAM an orange right between the eyes on Friday.

superkingdave

Now this is what I wanted to see last night against Scotland. A proper performance to be proud of and one worth watching.

And as I type that Ravi smacks a rank long hop from Chanderpaul straight to the fielder. Been outplayed by Luke Wright today though.

No he hasn't, imo Bopara's innings was better, scored runs at the start when Wright could only play and miss. Wright smashed a few when England were set and the pressure was off.

Uppercut

Pollard wouldn't play county cricket.
Very comparable record to Wright, actually quite a bit better in the shorter formats of the game (although not at international level). He's the closest i can think of to someone as bad as Pollard.

King Pietersen

Since the first 3/4 overs Wright's been very good. A few typical Wright play and misses, but such tremendous power, that last shot for example was brilliant. If he can play an innings like this every couple of games, then I can't see why he can't continue to do the job in this form of the game.

TT Boy

Very comparable record to Wright, actually quite a bit better in the shorter formats of the game (although not at international level). He's the closest i can think of to someone as bad as Pollard.
I think county cricket is a little bit stronger than West Indian domestic cricket...

Uppercut

I don't think the England team will ever let Bopara forget the time he got out to someone averaging 105 with the ball in tests :laugh:

TT Boy

Luke Wright.

His averages in all forms of the game are the wrong way round.

Batting average of 20 in List A cricket ffs.
Pollard hasn't done anything on the international stage. Wright has had a few days in the sun with bat and ball.

India are smashing Pak. Should be a 10 wicket job.