• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warm-Ups...

pietersenrocks

England are going to have to do something spectacular to get to the semis, they're almost guaranteed to meet India, SA and Aus (3 best sides in the comp) in the second round, can't see them beating any of them. Reckon they'll beat Pakistan in the 1st round though, Pak were abysmal today, really godawful.
It's gonna be fascinating. England are surely no better than other 3, but having said that, T20 is anybody's game.

Would be great if we beat SA, because I felt really sad when we lost against them in the last WorldT20Cup & There isnt any better moment than beating Oz.

Naumaan

anything good Pakistan had for this tournament was bowling, really Gul is out of form, sohail tanveer has forgotten to bowl lol
new boy has some pace ( AMIR)
he was good yesterday, apart from wides, indians weren't able to hit him
Pakistan bowled poorly, i hope they get it rite when real tournament starts
5 to 6 years ago, if we played india, we were favourites to win, now its India's turn i guess lol

Naumaan

England are going to have to do something spectacular to get to the semis, they're almost guaranteed to meet India, SA and Aus (3 best sides in the comp) in the second round, can't see them beating any of them. Reckon they'll beat Pakistan in the 1st round though, Pak were abysmal today, really godawful.
it wont be that easy to beat Pakistan, but yeah Pakistani team looks tired, although they played not much cricket, still they look tired lol
great isn't it??????????
yesterday, they were better than the warm up against south africa
batsmen seems to be coming into some form
but they are missing, IMRAN NAZIR, IMRAN FARHAT, RANA NAVEED & ABDUL RAZAQ

pietersenrocks

anything good Pakistan had for this tournament was bowling, really Gul is out of form, sohail tanveer has forgotten to bowl lol
new boy has some pace ( AMIR)
he was good yesterday, apart from wides, indians weren't able to hit him
Pakistan bowled poorly, i hope they get it rite when real tournament starts
5 to 6 years ago, if we played india, we were favourites to win, now its India's turn i guess lol
Young lad needs sum expierence, tbh. He was only bowling fast and most of his deliveries to the LH were on the pads. He looks an attacking bowling, can go for a lot of runs.

Naumaan

Young lad needs sum expierence, tbh. He was only bowling fast and most of his deliveries to the LH were on the pads. He looks an attacking bowling, can go for a lot of runs.
bowling fast is all we look for
there are many who will teach him, i really couldn't see yesterday, at which speed he bowls, i guess they didn't have the facility of that, rite?
in the match against south africa, i could see afridi's bowling speed like 128 kmph
but here thay didn't show anything
i guess they will have to give him a chance against england, so i can see at what speed he bowls LOL

SJS

Why does Pakistan keep playing Shahid Afridi higher up the order against India? Its ridiculous. The guy last scored useful runs in April 2005 when he scored, in three consecutive ODI innings in India, 40(23 balls), 102(46 balls) and 44 (23 balls). Its been four years since then and in ODI's he has scored 17, 18, 19, 0, 31, 29no, 12, 1, 23, 10 n0 and 9.

In T-20's he has scored 7 and 0 (in a grand total of 10 balls).

The guy is not doing it any more and the Indians DO NOT "quake-in-their-boots" at the sights of the Pathan at the crease.

As for why Afridi is not doing better with the bat, I have a theory. I think (and remember its just a theory) Afridi has decided that his one claim to fame is his strike rate of 110 + in ODI'd and 150 + in T-20 games. So he is going to ensure that he leaves these strike rates at these levels even if it means averaging just 10.0 in ODI's and 6.0 in T-20's as long as these are done in 9 and 4 balls (on average) per innings respectively.

He has understood that this will keep the Pakistani fan happy and in love with him and his legend - the team and its needs be damned.

oitoitoi

Lol loved Harsha Bhogle's comment on how there were 'exotic ages on display, frankly some of them defy belief...' no way in hell is that mohammed aamer kid 17 years old, it's a complete joke, he's 19/20 at least. Also he was all over the shop too, didn't swing it too much despite bowling very full, wasn't impressed at all.

Last edited:

Smith

Banned
The big positive for India is that Gambhir has finally worked himself into some form. Rohit, could be the bloke's career turning point. We might actually see him batting at no.3 sooner than later.

Naumaan

Lol loved Harsha Bhogle's comment on how there were 'exotic ages on display, frankly some of them defy belief...' no way in hell is that mohammed aamer kid 17 years old, it's a complete joke, he's 19/20 at least. Also he was all over the shop too, didn't swing it too much despite bowling very full, wasn't impressed at all.
is Ishant Sharma 20?
is Rohit Sharma 23?
& does it matter if you're impressed or not? Lol
he's good for Pakistan's prospective
that is to bowl fast
he'll grow up with time & hopefully 'll bowl at 150 kmph someday
i can't see Pakistan going so far in this championship but all these youngsters 'll gain some experience
as i 've seen matches against south Africa & India, we're no match to them with these players

Smith

Banned
is Ishant Sharma 20?
is Rohit Sharma 23?
& does it matter if you're impressed or not? Lol
he's good for Pakistan's prospective
that is to bowl fast
he'll grow up with time & hopefully 'll bowl at 150 kmph someday
i can't see Pakistan going so far in this championship but all these youngsters 'll gain some experience
as i 've seen matches against south Africa & India, we're no match to them with these players
Yes to both questions at the beginning.

I really don't give a rat's ass as far as this misquoting of ages are concerned. As long as they perform, they are fit to be in the team. That said, I think Afridi is 35 nearabout and all evidence points out to that he has lost his eye, and consequently his batting..er... big hitting abilities.

Naumaan

Now warm ups are over, so i guess we should start some other topic for group stages of the championship

Xuhaib

You wanted to see swing from him in condition where noted swing bowlers RP and Irfan also struggled to do it. I don't know which game you were watching but from what I saw he's got a good whippy action, extracts bounce and bowls with fire and thats all what you can expect form a 17 year old kid playing his first game seam, swing and accuracy can all develop with time btw I have seen him swing the ball both ways in domestic cricket and even Wasim testified to that as he is Akram's discovery now whether he has the confidance to replicate that on the bigger stage remains to be seen.

One thing I hope is that we keep Aaqib as far as possible from him and get Wasim and Waqar to work with him and guys like Talha and Wahab Riaz.

Xuhaib

Why does Pakistan keep playing Shahid Afridi higher up the order against India? Its ridiculous. The guy last scored useful runs in April 2005 when he scored, in three consecutive ODI innings in India, 40(23 balls), 102(46 balls) and 44 (23 balls). Its been four years since then and in ODI's he has scored 17, 18, 19, 0, 31, 29no, 12, 1, 23, 10 n0 and 9.

The guy is not doing it any more and the Indians DO NOT "quake-in-their-boots" at the sights of the Pathan at the crease.

As for why Afridi is not doing better with the bat, I have a theory. I think (and remember its just a theory) Afridi has decided that his one claim to fame is his strike rate of 110 + in ODI'd and 150 + in T-20 games. So he is going to ensure that he leaves these strike rates at these levels even if it means averaging just 10.0 in ODI's and 6.0 in T-20's as long as these are done in 9 and 4 balls (on average) per innings respectively.

He has understood that this will keep the Pakistani fan happy and in love with him and his legend - the team and its needs be damned.
Was just a warm up game and Pakistan was trying few things no need to get so hyper and write almost an article on an such an irrelevent issue.

Xuhaib

Yes to both questions at the beginning.

I really don't give a rat's ass as far as this misquoting of ages are concerned. As long as they perform, they are fit to be in the team. That said, I think Afridi is 35 nearabout and all evidence points out to that he has lost his eye, and consequently his batting..er... big hitting abilities.
Were you pursuing midwifery during the time these two gentlemen were born?

Uppercut

Hmm, interesting. You may well be right. I actually have my own theory on reasons for Shahid Afridi's poor batting form of late: he's ****e.

Uppercut

No really, they weren't going to become no.1 test nation by winning in Australia. And they didn't play that well there, they were behind on first innings in every test if I recall. The test series in SA was the challenge for the number one spot. Not suggesting they choked in that by the way, as they had no problem knocking us off for the one-day mantle.

They have gone missing in World Cups however, never quite being up to the challenge. They've lost to some good teams though.
Haha, not sure how serious this post was. Will leave the bizarre suggestions alone and just correct the factual errors: South Africa would have taken the test number one spot had they won the dead rubber at Sydney, and they weren't behind on first innings in the second test- they had a 50+ run lead.

Howsie

Does anyone know what is wrong with Kyle Mills, I see he hasn't been playing in the warm-ups.