• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Value Added to Society by Idle Shareholders and Landlords

Daemon

How does corporate shareholding fit into this? If I want to incorporate a subsi or JV, where does the voting power lie?

TNT

Banned
please elaborate
51% of employees becomes the controlling power.

Some years businesses run at a loss.

Nepotism is going to run wild.

You are going to have people completely unaware of how a business operates voting.

Power struggles will flare up all over the company, owners dont like taking instruction from others.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Restaurants are pretty high risk. I don't know how they compare to the tech companies this thread focuses on, but having worked for numerous restaurants when I was young there is a very fine line between success and failure. You have so much competition.
Paper thin profit margins as well.

weldone

https://www.ft.com/content/dc17d7ee-ccab-11e9-b018-ca4456540ea6

"A Labour government would confiscate about £300bn of shares in 7,000 large companies and hand them to workers in one of the biggest state raids on the private sector to take place in a western democracy, according to analysis by the Financial Times and Clifford Chance.

The UK’s 2.6m landlords would also face a moment of reckoning if Labour won the next general election after shadow chancellor John McDonnell said he wanted a “right to buy” scheme for private tenants as well as higher taxes on landlords."

Looks like Corbyn read my thread, lol.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
https://www.ft.com/content/dc17d7ee-ccab-11e9-b018-ca4456540ea6

"A Labour government would confiscate about £300bn of shares in 7,000 large companies and hand them to workers in one of the biggest state raids on the private sector to take place in a western democracy, according to analysis by the Financial Times and Clifford Chance.

The UK’s 2.6m landlords would also face a moment of reckoning if Labour won the next general election after shadow chancellor John McDonnell said he wanted a “right to buy” scheme for private tenants as well as higher taxes on landlords."

Looks like Corbyn read my thread, lol.
What a pile of absolute vomit

Fortunately what corbyn would do in power is as relevant as what I would do.

Flem274*

123/5
in my experience property management companies are the true villains. they exist solely to create wealth from both landlord and tenant, and will happily look for any reason to extort both while never lifting a finger to actually manage the home.

they're a little prank industry with few if any regulation or oversight.

when i take power they will all be executed without trial.

weldone

in my experience property management companies are the true villains. they exist solely to create wealth from both landlord and tenant, and will happily look for any reason to extort both while never lifting a finger to actually manage the home.

What you're saying is true in some places (e.g. Mumbai, from experience), but my experience in London has been completely opposite tbh.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Sounds like anybody with the word "agent" in their job title tbh.

Apart from secret agents perhaps.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

They belong to that subsection of society who have made a living out of putting themselves between people needing a service and people providing a service. Hands in everyone's pockets.