• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are you eating right now?

zorax

likes this
So you're saying your diet is mostly meat, you have Pakistan genetics, and yet you still can't bowl fast?

What an utter failure of a human being you are

trundler

So you're saying your diet is mostly meat, you have Pakistan genetics, and yet you still can't bowl fast?

What an utter failure of a human being you are
Says the Chinese guy who can't do a one inch punch nor is a human calculator

hendrix

Do Punjabi speakers make up the bulk of NRIs in New Zealand? If so, that might explain why
I think they do. As a matter of fact, one of my friends is engaged to one there.. I saw suddenly saw that she had 50 additional friends on fb overnight. :laugh: They are lovely folks though and have been extremely nice to her. She has had a rough time before this and could not speak highly enough of her fiancee and his family.

The fun part is the 50 in NZ is just like 1/3rd of that family. Rest are in Ludhiana and suburbs.

From my understanding, traditionally Gujarati made up the bulk, with maybe Punjabi second. Until recently South Indians were somewhat rare, but there seems to have been a big influx of Keralites. Now we're getting the whole spectrum really.

Flem274*

123/5
honourable mention to the sinhalese, who i have a small sample size with but proportionately they are very talented

TheJediBrah

Best wedding I ever went to (purely based on food) was a Sikh wedding where they had a self serve buffet of curries. It was incredible. Beats the hell out of your boring chicken/beef white people ****

zorax

likes this
Aren't dhokla, khakhra and thepla all Gujarati too? They're so good. And the curries have sugar in them. And

Gujarati food is an amazing thing in itself. Would not recommend a daily diet of the popular dishes tho. Tried a bit of home cooking while I was there once and it was pretty nice too (but then again, so is all home cooking in India, amirite?)

zorax

likes this
Dal Paratha (I didn't make this)
Mixed sabzi
Yoghurt
Chutney
Onions in vinegar
Coffee with oat milk

20200420_145208.jpg

zorax

likes this
sabzi came out pretty good, i'm glad. mustard seeds, whole black pepper and cumin in oil, then garlic/ginger/onion/green chili till golden brown, then all the veggies (carrot, two types of mushroom, asparagus, broccoli), cook for a bit, toss in fresh diced tomatoes, masala (salt, coriander powder, turmeric, red chili), bit of water to help it cook through. Spinach added once the veggies were half done, then fresh chopped coriander at the end.

Simple recipe, tastes good, probably pretty healthy. Prep took forever tho.

zorax

likes this
Trundler's got it right. It's actually one of my favorite dishes. Can't recall ever having it where the rice were still white, they're usually light brown.
meat pulaos, or cooking with broth/stock in general, isn't a thing I've experienced with Indian food ever. Sounds great. Maybe I'll try to make it one day - I've got some chicken broth in the fridge.

Haleem is a pretty gun dish that i wanna try too.

trundler

Yeah, it's something that stands out from the rest of Indian food. Have heard that it's a Persian import, which would make sense. It's built on a fundamentally different philosophy from Indian food. A plethora of different spices don't take centre stage. Instead it's about the moist rice and rich meat. Maybe it's an Indianized version of the Afghan pulao or something.

Biryani vs Pulao is one of those cultural battles here. The former is deemed edgier and more attuned to youthful tastes whereas the latter has a reputation of being refined and royal.