• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think about...

Pothas

Nothing I used to hate more when I worked at the cinema than people on their bloody phones, it is just ridiculously rude.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I just refuse to believe that the majority of conversations people would be having on the phone in a place like a supermarket would be so important that they could not hang up for a minute or two to be civil to the person serving them.

Pothas

I really don't understand why so many people think it is acceptable.

Always wanted to refuse them but tended just to give them no courtesy back.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I really don't understand why so many people think it is acceptable.

Always wanted to refuse them but tended just to give them no courtesy back.
It's a bit different in the cinema though isn't it? As you would need to speak to them presumably.

Not that it isn't rude, mind.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah look its probably rude, but the checkout employee seems to have acted like a dick (if the report is accurate).

"Well, you learn something new every day" - what a douchebag thing to say.

And since its not Sainsburys policy to not serve people on phones, she was also misrepresenting the company.

Sack the employee the only way forward. Not like one other person is going to hugely affect England's massive unemployment rate anyway. Just like another drop in the ocean :ph34r:

wellAlbidarned

How hard would it be to use one of the automatic checkouts instead if you didn't want to be interrupted? We've even got them in NZ ffs.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yes, quite. Mind you, those automated checkouts are a pest.

"Please place item in the bagging area". **** off ****, it IS in the bagging area.

Howe_zat

Yeah, I just refuse to believe that the majority of conversations people would be having on the phone in a place like a supermarket would be so important that they could not hang up for a minute or two to be civil to the person serving them.
Nah, if you're in the supermarket, you're not there to make friends, you're there to get your stuff and go home. So long as you're paying enough attention to competently buy your stuff and get out of other customers' way you've no reason to hang up.

Howe_zat

I really think at a Sainsbury's you're being well mannered enough just to get through efficiently. You don't have to stop for a chat.

Lillian Thomson

I got attacked (verbally) by an idiot while using the self service checkout in Tesco. I was using the app to pay, which is by far the quickest method, and an idiot waiting in the queue had a pop because I was on my phone. To his credit he apologised, but I still hope the Weetabix he bought got tangled up in his beard.