• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where did all the anvils go?

zorax

likes this
They used to be ubiquitous. Wiley E Cayote used them all the time in the cartoons. Where did they all go?

zorax

likes this
But they must still be around right? They were indestructible. Blacksmiths used them all the time. Where do all the unused anvils end up?

Adders

I've got one in my shed ftr. Found it when we were cleaning out my ex's Pops shed after he died.

Never used it, but looks good on my work bench.

Adders

How big is it?

Can you post a pic?
It's big enough enough to cause serious damage should I accidently on purpose drop it on your head.

It's at my old house, I will get a pic when I'm there on the weekend.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
I've got one in my backyard, my grandfather was a plumber and used it daily for making copper stuff for plumbing.

Pre-made and pre-bent plastic piping replaced copper stuff and the anvils were no longer needed, as far as I know.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Cartoons would have us believe anvils and quicksand are more commonplace than they actually are

zorax

likes this
You don’t watch forged in fire?
Hahaha I've seen clips of it. It's like the only show History Channel has now days. Never seen a full episode tho

I did check out the reality series on Netflix about glass blowing tho. Pretty cool