• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will win the World Cup?

Anon2

Well done England! 0-0 will give us a Second Round match against the vikings from Denmark! We'll stuff 'em!!!

[Edited on 6/12/02 by Paul]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well... the Second Round seems like:

Sweden v Senegal
Japan v Costa Rica/Turkey

Denmark v England
Brazil v Russia/Belgium

Spain v Ireland
Korea/Portugal v Croatia/Mexico

Germany v Paraguay
Italy v USA

Interesting... Now all the good teams aren't in our half...

Rich2001

Well... the Second Round seems like:

Sweden v Senegal
Japan v Costa Rica/Turkey

Denmark v England
Brazil v Russia/Belgium

Spain v Ireland
Korea/Portugal v Croatia/Mexico

Germany v Paraguay
Italy v USA

Interesting... Now all the good teams aren't in our half...
I think the Korea/Portugal v Croatia/Mexico and the England v Denmark are going to be the closest games of this round I can't see either of Brazil or Italy slipping up.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
you cant really say " oh they are missing some players " cause even Brazil are ( Romario )
I wouldn't have said Romario was missing as he's not been picked in years!

Found out the French excuse - Quote Desailly - "The 2nd goal was not a goal so we lost"

Right, so that would make it 1-0 then?

Also Wilfred Schafer, Cameroon coach, blamed their defeat yesterday on the German being sent off :I

Rich2001

Found out the French excuse - Quote Desailly - "The 2nd goal was not a goal so we lost"

Right, so that would make it 1-0 then?

Also Wilfred Schafer, Cameroon coach, blamed their defeat yesterday on the German being sent off :I
Well it's different I guess :confused:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Okay, after Italy join the list of screw-ups, this is now how it looks. Damn you Ecuador!

Sweden v Senegal
Japan (unless they don't beat Tunisia) v Turkey

Denmark v England
Brazil v Russia/Belgium

Spain v Ireland
Korea/Portugal/USA (can't call Group D) v Italy

Germany v Paraguay
Mexico v USA/Portugal/Korea

Hmm.. we need Group D to even itself out.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
So.. The Quarters:

Sweden/Senegal v Japan/Turkey
Denmark/England v Brazil/Belgium

Spain/Ireland v Korea/Italy
Germany/Paraguay v Mexico/USA

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
OK.

My team that I am going for is South Korea . Yet, I don't think they'll go any further.

How has the TV coverage been to all you guys. Here in PERTH, AUSTRALIA the coverage has been the greatest. We have had every game live except for when there was two games on at the same time. Then it was one after the other, but the best part is the fact that they have not given the results away!

They show one game and then say what the result of the other game will affect the known result!

SBS Television has been BRILLIANT

Kimbo

We get good coverage in NZ on SKY but if you dont have a satellite dish its all replays.
Luckily there are a hell of a lot of people here with SKY. SKY created a channel just for world cup so its good.
It's funny, you see the crappiest houses- faing apart and all- and they have a satellite dish sticking out... its interesting where peoples priorities are...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Full coverage on Terrestrial which is good.

Matches during school time which isn't so good.

But they showed the Nigeria game in school in the morning so hopefully in their infinite wisdom they will make the same decision for the Quarter Final. Hint, Hint.

Anon2

Well done Senegal for beating Sweden 2-1! Hard luck Ireland. :( You deserved to win, you battled hard.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
(From Neil who picks up on everyone else's poor spelling / grammar) No team who can't score in 270+ minutes of football deserves to progress.
No team who can't?

Speak English boy!

Neil 1 Marc 2 :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
(From Neil who picks up on everyone else's poor spelling / grammar) No team who can't score in 270+ minutes of football deserves to progress.
No team who can't?

Speak English boy!

Neil 1 Marc 2 :D
Right. That's it. Any mistake from you and I'll be onto it like Ally Brown on Darren Thomas. Come August I'll be so far ahead that you won't be able to see me! :D :D