• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Avatar Challenges

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You just wait, Gelman - I'll 'ave you one day, I promise... :mellow:

And you never know - if Tait lets Cameron down, that could be - briefly - 4 B*Witched avatars at once... think of that. :happy:

pasag

RTDAS
I do believe you've been saying that for ages. Good to see you sticking to your guns.

Anyway, my original offer was clearly lacking in balls. Change it to if mighty mighty England do not make the final of the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup, then I shall have the avatar of pasag's choice for one month

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Poor old Martyn.

Though not quite as poor-old as sp713 and PF... looks a definate chance of them emulating Jesse in careless throwaway lines based on fleeting matters... resulting in terrible length sentences...

How unwise to make such massive stakes based on a few random games where 4 or 5 players were missing!

I just can't imagine sp713 without Umar Gul, too! :( Make sure you find a Ponting with as much of a nice smile as Gul! :cry:

Johnners

Yessss... KP has only 1 more innings, and Clarke is just 40 runs behind him with potentially 3 innings left. Looking good for my challenge with Goughy :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard, I have a challenge for you.

If Bangladesh win another match in this world cup, I get to change your avatar for a month, if they don't, you can change mine?
Bit of a shame I didn't go for this, but never mind, you can't win what you don't expect to win.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Doubt it, Corrin's never been one to shirk the challenges?

He has the sense, after all, to realise that the sooner the thing goes up, the sooner it comes down.

Which is why I've been trying to get that bugger Cameron to show me what he wants me to wear in the event of Tait taking 1 against NZ, so I can put it up as soon as he takes 1...

pasag

RTDAS
Doubt it, Corrin's never been one to shirk the challenges?

He has the sense, after all, to realise that the sooner the thing goes up, the sooner it comes down.

Which is why I've been trying to get that bugger Cameron to show me what he wants me to wear in the event of Tait taking 1 against NZ, so I can put it up as soon as he takes 1...
I suppose this could always happen again. Wasn't that long ago.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You almost sounded full of relish when reminding me of that... :)

Coming around to B*Witched, are we?

pasag

RTDAS
Hell no, dire avatar that also made Brumby get rid of what was probably one of the best avatars I've seen on CW.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I know - see above, I felt a bit guilty about that.

Your avatar is free at the mo, is it not? And with Amir having deserted the transformers camp there's surely no sense fighting a lone battle...

(And I didn't really think you were coming around to B*Witched, BTW, just in case my sarcasm radar was off again)

andyc

I was always making said bet with some trepidation - I never really fancied my chances.

The sole reason was so I'd not get repeatedly called a chicken-outer. :dry:8-)

Was just waiting for a decent bloke who I knew wouldn't take it too far to make me an offer, ITBT.

(Flattery will get me nowhere, I know - but it's worth a try... :unsure: )

BTW - what you got in mind?
Haha. I've not got anything in mind yet. I'll wait to see what happens in the NZ game before thinking something up.