• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Avatar Challenges

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well reminded. I almost fell for that there! :D Completely forgot they had still to play Ireland!

What'dya take me for, Grey? Actually, probably best not answered...

andyc

Richard, given that you and I both have fairly long-standing avatars (my recent McNamara debacle aside), how about a challenge? Assuming he plays them all, if Shaun Tait goes wicketless in any of Australia's remaining Super Eight games (vs. Ireland, Sri Lanka and New Zealand), then I'll change my avatar to a choice of yours for a month. If he takes a wicket in each of those games, I choose one for you for a month.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A month is a long time, as we both know...

Make it 2 weeks and you're on!

(You automatically know what your avatar will be, BTW, don't you? ;))

EDIT: oh, yeah, T&C - if he misses one or more of the remaining games, even if just through being rested, it's a draw, yeah?

Last edited:

andyc

A month is a long time, as we both know...

Make it 2 weeks and you're on!

(You automatically know what your avatar will be, BTW, don't you? ;))

EDIT: oh, yeah, T&C - if he misses one or more of the remaining games, even if just through being rested, it's a draw, yeah?
Yep, sounds good to me. C'mon Shaun Tait.

Dizzy #4

OK, If the Bangas make it to the Semis, I'll Put a Banglandeshi flag as an avatar... And I won't even metion Dizzy's 201!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
BTW, does this have any impact on the Smith-Corrin challenge? Or is that past now?

EDIT: and I can't back-out, I never accepted ITFP! Given that hindsight has revealed I was wise, it was clearly a good call from me. *Insert stuck-up smiley*
Fairplay to KP, I guess I'll change the avatar. It'll happen soon.
It has been done. Hope you burn in hell for eternity, Mr. Corrin.
Delighted to have won this, my first ever victory of this kind. Cant help but notice Smith has been banned though :wacko:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well yes. Rest assured though, Smith was in my thoughts as I watched KP bat on Sunday.

Sad innit.

readie

If Ireland beat Aus tonite I'll have a pic of a liverpool player of someone's (probably bugssy's choosing) for a month

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was always making said bet with some trepidation - I never really fancied my chances.

The sole reason was so I'd not get repeatedly called a chicken-outer. :dry:8-)

Was just waiting for a decent bloke who I knew wouldn't take it too far to make me an offer, ITBT.

(Flattery will get me nowhere, I know - but it's worth a try... :unsure: )

BTW - what you got in mind?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Flushed with our recent success I'm throwing out a challenge to anyone out there: if England don't make the semis I'll have the avatar of your choosing for a month, if we do you have the pic of my choice for the same period.

Any takers? :)
You can have a combined pic of Brian, Farrokh, Roger and John. :p

I assume that'd hurt you even more than Fred by himself. ;)

EDIT: actually, make that a pic of Sinead, Lindsay, Edele and Keavy :D :Jumpy:

And I'll lose my perminant avatar to whatever you want if we do make the semis (can be the text "I Am Gay" if you think that'd ram the point home...)
Come on then, do your worst. :p