• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your best and worst of 2005

BlackCap_Fan

Ehh, simple. Just tell what you think has been the best and worst in 2005, in the cricket world of course.

For me;

Best: The Ashes. 'Nuff said.

Worst: What the ICC have done this year. Every. Single. Thing.

James90

Best
Bangladesh's victories against Zimbabwe and Australia

Worst
The result of the Ashes

SirBloody Idiot

Best: The Ashes, we lost but it was great watching. And it was also good to see Australia lose for once.

Worst: Losing to Bangladesh...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Best: The Ashes. Any England supporter who says different has been @ the Xmas Bailey's too long already! 2nd test was the highlight for me. Absolutely superb game, two very good teams going toe-to-toe, only our second competitive win our Oz in 18 years & the perfect denouement too.

The Worst: As Eddie's already covered Cooley, I'll go with the way Thorpey's exit was handled. The guy was an absolute legend, comfortably our best batter over the last 10 years & really deserved better. All the reasons given for the decision sounded very disingenuous to me. The fact is he wasn't selected because he didn't want to tour Pakistan & India. Personally I think he'd earned the right for one final crack at the old enemy. & who'd you think Warne, McGrath & co would rather have bowled to: Bell or Thorpe? If ever there was a case for selecting your best XI The Ashes is it.

Rant over. :p

andyc

Best
The Ashes, for the quality of cricket played
The re-emergence of Brett Lee
Michael Hussey and Brad Hodge getting a go at test level and succeeding
Shane Warne still at his best
Heaps of good, competitive cricket played internationally

Worst
The Ashes, for the result
Zimbabwe
WCC :(

honestbharani

Best:

Lara and Sachin breaking big records within weeks of each other

Worst:

The slanging matches between Warne and RAnatunge and the Aussies and the Proteas.

andyc

honestbharani said:
Worst:

The slanging matches between Warne and RAnatunge and the Aussies and the Proteas.
The Warne and Ranatunga thing wasn't really good but the Australia-South Africa talk was absolutely nothing at all

BoyBrumby

Englishman
andyc said:
The Warne and Ranatunga thing wasn't really good but the Australia-South Africa talk was absolutely nothing at all

Absolutely, blown out of all proportion. Personally speaking I'd rather have players making statements about targeting X or spotting a flaw in Y's technique than blithely mumbling bland inanities about what a great team the oppo are & have much we're looking forward to the challenge.

ohtani's jacket

Best:

The Ashes
Bangladesh's victories against Zimbabwe and Australia
The re-emergence of Pakistani cricket, spurred on by some vintage Inzamam.
Life in the legs of some all-time greats
Quality young players

Worst:

Zimbabwe
Dud Super Series
The ICC and just about every cricket board
ODI rule changes
Referring lbws to the third umpire

no1_gangsta_786

Best:
Re-emergance of Shoaib Akhtar and Pakistan cricket team.
Bangladesh's victory over Australia.

Worst:
The ICC's new super sub and power-play rules.
Tatenda Taibu quitting Zimbabwe cricket-great talent gone to waste.

Barney Rubble

Best:
Take a flying guess...... :p

Worst:
Multan
Somerset being rubbish at everything apart from slogging
Zimbabwe
The ICC