• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 11 - India v England

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nah far out, apparently you can get five points for 'GAGFC' and 'Tendy is a buffoon' but can post inflammatory **** all the way through a thread and no-one will bat an eyelid. All reported posts are discussed of course which is why a bunch of posts I reported the other week got 0 replies despite being trolling of the highest order. Joke.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'll answer that one when you enlighten me as to how Turbinator was trolling when he called England a 'rubbish one day side'.
It wasn't. However it was bit of a rile up to call the other side's effort a one-time thing(Despite India being equally reliant on a century) and go on to further call them a rubbish side after drawing the game despite scoring 9000 in the first Innings.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
And as you know, all reported posts are looked at and discussed. Just because you think something is offensive, doesn't automatically make it so. Anyway, let's not derail this thread further. You can email us to discuss it further if you wish.
If people want to show themselves up by posting nonsense like "England are minnows" or "India should have their ODI status revoked if they lose this match" then that's their perogative. I don't care. But it wouldn't be tolerated the other way round.

Blaze 18

Banned
It wasn't. However it was bit of a rile up to call the other side's effort a one-time thing(Despite India being equally reliant on a century) and go on to further call them a rubbish side after drawing the game despite scoring 9000 in the first Innings.
Whatever it was it was his opinion. I don't see why it is any different from some of the posts I quoted. Anyway, I am out of this. It was a great match so the focus should be on that.

TumTum

Banned
Haha looked like a great game, always knew it would be a high scoring match but didn't know it would get this close.

Blaze 18

Banned
I wasn't pleased but not altogether surprised when Zaheer said "we thought we would win it easily" (or something to that effect anyway). Attitude like that weakens our already average bowling attack.

So, things India have to improve on :

1) Bowling - batting will not always get you 350+. Somewhere along the line the bowlers will have to step up. Don't underestimate anyone, let alone quality outfits like England.

2) Fielding - it was a poor day in the field. India aren't quite as bad as that, usually. They can do better, much better. Even Virat Kohli dropped a catch.

3) Appealing - please learn to appeal. As much as I dislike Sreesanth, if he had been there today he would have vociferously appealed on both occasions. India cannot afford slip ups like that in future. You cannot afford to give a batsman - any batsman, let alone someone like Strauss - three lives. It's just sheer idiocy.

vcs

Not sure if the umpires would have heard it either if the players didn't. Actually, since umpires are wired with the stump microphone, they probably might have. Can umpires give batsmen out for thin edges if the fielding side hasn't appealed? Not sure if there is a precedent.

Dhoni_fan

Guys havent read earlier posts but seems like its getting heated.

As an Indian fan sure I have mixed feelings about today's result. we really should have won the game, in the end and at half time it looked like we had the game.

Then again with all the being said Strauss and Bell when they were going looked like they had taken the game away from us, mixed feelings as Strauss and Dhoni said sums it up.

At the end of the day though, it is just a group game 1 point each, we move on.

I still believe we can win the world cup but not with a performance like today, we need to take a long hard look at our bowling, and I certainly would not play Chawla again.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So good. I wanted a draw.

Ftr Shane Warne tipped a tie pre-match.
Really? That's ridiculous.

Well, how often does he predict ties? I think this is one of the few times where you can legitimately claim that both teams choked under pressure and made decisions that they wouldn't otherwise make.

Blaze 18

Banned
I wasn't pleased but not altogether surprised when Zaheer said "we thought we would win it easily" (or something to that effect anyway). Attitude like that weakens our already average bowling attack.

So, things India have to improve on :

1) Bowling - batting will not always get you 350+. Somewhere along the line the bowlers will have to step up. Don't underestimate anyone, let alone quality outfits like England.

2) Fielding - it was a poor day in the field. India aren't quite as bad as that, usually. They can do better, much better. Even Virat Kohli dropped a catch.

3) Appealing - please learn to appeal. As much as I dislike Sreesanth, if he had been there today he would have vociferously appealed on both occasions. India cannot afford slip ups like that in future. You cannot afford to give a batsman - any batsman, let alone someone like Strauss - three lives. It's just sheer idiocy.
Forgot to mention something : Running between the wickets

Gambhir and Yuvraj were pretty ordinary today. We probably lost about three-five runs at least because of sloppy running.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't think we choked tbh. Colly has been indifferent for a few months and Prior is not much cop in ODIs. Strauss scored 158 and was got out bu genuinely good bowling, Bell was got out by good bowling too. Yardy's dismissal was idiotic but given the situation at that point it was understandable. Same for Bres.