• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah indeed. What I don't agree with is people saying stuff like "Oh, but he's only 15, can't expect him to be a pro!" which is true but if the talent is there, the talent is there. For example, I'd back his kid sister Willow to be a better performer as of now. Natural performers become apparent pretty early.
TC wants Jaden to be rapping about getting shot and all his hoes.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Made

The reason cricket coaches go to baseball when it comes to throwing - YouTube

Actually ridiculous throwing arm this guy has. The best arms in cricket might be in the ballpark (so to speak) but the best of baseball any given season >>>> best of cricket ever.
Yeah that's actually beautiful to watch. I've never been one to really "enjoy" watching ground fielding and throwing in cricket (I love a good catch though) even though I can appreciate the skill and athleticsm involved, but some of the throws in baseball are as majestic to watch as a Michael Vaughan cover drive.

Howe_zat

It's weird how different standards can mess with you like that. It's pretty clear the ground fielding in baseball is massively better, but the comms go ape**** if anyone takes a catch "bare-handed".

Top_Cat

Possibly because it's harder to catch baseballs bare-handed. The stitching makes them, errr, bobble more.

social

Made

The reason cricket coaches go to baseball when it comes to throwing - YouTube

Actually ridiculous throwing arm this guy has. The best arms in cricket might be in the ballpark (so to speak) but the best of baseball any given season >>>> best of cricket ever.
Used to play cricket with an Oz rep baseballer

Dynamite throw over shortish distance but not great from outfield

Assume it was because a baseball is slightly lighter and guys at his level spend hours on pure technique so slight variance threw him off

social

Made

Booked tickets for Oz holiday

Looking forward to buying my son his first Rabbitohs jersey (poor bastard) and cooking my own steak in a pub surrounded by bogans

First time I've been excited about going home in years as my kids will finally be old enough to appreciate how good Australia is

social

You're allowed to cook your own food in pubs over there?
Australians are multi-talented - we can drink and throw a steak on a grill at the same time

Simply go to the counter, choose your slab of beef, cook it on the communal bbq, collect your roast spud and optional green **** (I prefer the potato salad btw) - happens everywhere

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah there are a few places here that do that as well. Always reminds me of that Simpsons ep, where you get to shoot your own cow, for some reason.

Top_Cat

Used to play cricket with an Oz rep baseballer

Dynamite throw over shortish distance but not great from outfield

Assume it was because a baseball is slightly lighter and guys at his level spend hours on pure technique so slight variance threw him off
Depends heavily on which position he played in hardball too. His throwing would be very different if he was SS or a baseman compare to RF, for example.