• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Political Compass Test

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
November 2003
Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.46

November 2004
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.67

September 2006
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97

October 2007
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.26

March 2010
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33

January 2012
Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

March 2013
Economic Left/Right: 2.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

I'd love to meet my 17-year-old self.
Kids, don't study economics.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Moved to the left a bit and slightly less authoritarian, think it's mainly that I answered 'Agree' for a few that used to be 'Strongly Agree' (or disagree instead of strongly disagree)

Not much change although I've gone a bit more authoritarian again, my kids must have been worse behaved today than they were the day I last took this.

Top_Cat

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.67

Not at all surprising. The only part I can think of which might have changed since I can remember would be the question asking whether crooks can be rehabilitated.

Y'know, the really strange part is that, in my head, I'm centrist. Guess I feel stronger about things than even I realised.

Last edited:

Maximas

I showed my results (-7,-4) to a friend who said "so you believe in freedom for the people - but not businesses" is that ironic thinking? Or is it perfectly reasonable to believe governments (who we vote for) should be able to control businesses somewhat?

Uppercut

Nah you can be left/left on the compass and still have internally consistent beliefs. It's hardly controversial to say that people are more important than businesses.