• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Quarter Final - Australia v Pakistan (20th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinzan

Pakistan will be kicking themselves for not batting even moderately and getting to 260-270. They'd actually be in with a real chance.

As it is, 213 won't test this batting lineup, even at 60-3. Their batting depth is ridiculous.

OverratedSanity

Lol Australia losing here would be hilarious. All those people just assuming it would be India vs Australia in the semis will taste it. Still don't want Pakistan to win. Don't want them to have a chance to break the streak :(

morgieb

Pakistan will be kicking themselves for not batting even moderately and getting to 260-270. They'd actually be in with a real chance.

As it is, 213 won't test this batting lineup, even at 60-3. Their batting depth is ridiculous.
Not so much in a case where the run rate isn't an issue but their bowlers are fired up and on a rampage, though.

Hurricane

Wait, Finch is less of a ****?

There are definitely days when I wish we had a composed batsman opening the batsman instead of Finch such as Klinger.. Today is one of those days.
Yeah you have said this a couple of times. I think I replied to you last time and said that on their day Australia will post 450 - but they will be a bit inconsistent due to their "go for broke" batting selections.

Flem274*

123/5

nah it looks pretty on paper but it's pretty sugary in that lower order. aus wouldn't want to rely on it, especially since it contains watson. good bowling and not the buffet sri lanka served up at the death can and has dealt with the long tail.

as it is though with smith at the crease he should guide the batting unit home. if he goes though it's 50/50.

morgieb

Tell ya what, you wouldn't envy Watson right now.

Will be interested to see how Smith handles it when/if he gets on Wahab's strike.

Daemon

If Riaz hadn't been staring at Watto and making him concentrate so much I reckon he'd have gloved that

Spikey

Lol Australia losing here would be hilarious. All those people just assuming it would be India vs Australia in the semis will taste it. Still don't want Pakistan to win. Don't want them to have a chance to break the streak :(
My client Waaahaaaab Riiiiiaaaaz conquered the streak

Shri

Would prefer to play Pak considering our mental advantage.