• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Quarter Final - New Zealand v West Indies (21st March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arachnodouche

Wouldn't mind if WI weren't allowed to play international cricket for the next ten years. They are the most depressing to watch in world cricket at the moment.

WindieWeathers

Well played to the black caps..it was a deserved victory against side of whom most of those players will probably not be wearing the WI jersey again. Once Samuels dropped that catch i knew the game was up...they have no passion, no competent tactics, no professionalism and basically was found wanting when it came to game awareness and basic skills.

My detractors will rejoice tonight and laugh at my expense...that's fine. But the bottom line remains that we had no head coach here and were missing around six top players during this world cup. Does that mean if we had them that we would have won the world cup? no...but lets just say NZ were missing Williamson (Darren Bravo) , Boult (Rampaul) , Mccullum (Pollard) , Elliot (Dwayne Bravo), and one of the best spinners in the limited overs formats in the world (Narine) how does everyone think they would do? :unsure:

Call it an excuse...but those are the facts.

I was honest in my previous post when i said i wasn't all that bothered!!..we'd have only been embarrassed by SA anyway...so for the competitions sake this was the best outcome. Moving forward we can only hope that Phil Simmons can rally our guys, install a real team spirit and implement a philosophy where tactical wisdom and improving the players as individuals are of the utmost importance.

Gayle= That's his last world cup and hopefully he'll be retiring from one dayers and tests shortly

Smith= He was exactly what he's always been..poor and a liability

Charles= one good innings but wasn't good enough today

Simmons= done ok at this world cup i guess

Samuels= Another one who should think about calling it a day in the shorter formats imo

Carter= Clearly has talent but needs to push on now as he's 27

Ramdin= Absolute rubbish on this competition and i hope he's replaced

Sammy= Done his usual stuff but if he's not bowling well is his place really justified? i don't think so

Russell= the guy has talent but his tactical mindset is shambolic

Holder= Done as well as he could with both bat and ball...he's got a big future imo

Taylor= Can't complain about the number of wickets he got in the end

Benn= A complete disaster...and i don't want to see him in a WI jersey again

Miller= Like Benn utter rubbish

Roach= Wasn't fit and should't really have been at this world cup

And even though he's an absolute legend in our cricket and i respect him loads i think questions needs to be raised over how effective Ambrose has been as our bowling coach in recent times.

In closing...to the gloater's!!..what comes around goes around. When we beat NZ in the 2012 t20 world cup a lot of hypocrites on this very thread were silent...did me and the other WI fans try to call out names and run our mouths? :nono: no!!..i guess that's the difference between supporting a team who has won everything cricket has to offer and supporting a team that's not done so well in that regard.

Also I'd urge Flem to refrain from trying to ridicule my screen name and character!!..you've been banned before for trying to insult me...you'd be wise not to go down that road again no matter how "hilarious" you and your equally immature buddies think it is 8-) .

Last edited:

Pothas

Decided to go sleep around the 30th over of the NZ innings so I could then wake up and watch the end of the match.

Big error.

kiwiviktor81

I can't believe Holder is batting at 9. He's looked seriously good in every innings I've seen him. It's as ridiculous as when Vettori was our best batsman and we always played him at 8.

Hurricane

Well played to the black caps..it was a deserved victory against side of whom most of those players will probably not be wearing the WI jersey again. Once Samuels dropped that catch i knew the game was up...they have no passion, no competent tactics, no professionalism and basically was found wanting when it came to game awareness and basic skills.

My detractors will rejoice tonight at laugh and my expense...that's fine. But the bottom line remains that we had no head coach here and were missing around six top players during this world cup. Does that mean if we had them that we would have won the world cup? no...but lets just say NZ were missing Williamson (Darren Bravo) , Boult (Rampaul) , Mccullum (Pollard) , Elliot (Dwayne Bravo), and one of the best spinners in the limited overs formats in the world (Narine) how does everyone think they would do? :unsure:

I was honest in my previous post when i said i wasn't all that bothered!!..we'd have only been embarrassed by SA anyway...so for the competitions sake this was the best outcome. Moving forward we can only hope that Phil Simmons can rally our guys, install a real team spirit and implement a philosophy where tactical wisdom and improving the players as individuals are of the utmost importance.

Gayle= That's his last world cup and hopefully he'll be retiring from one dayers and tests shortly

Samuels= Another one who should think about calling it a day in the shorter formats imo

Sammy= Done his usual stuff but if he's not bowling well is his place really justified? i don't think so

Holder= Done as well as he could with both bat and ball...he's got a big future imo

And even though he's an absolute legend in our cricket and i respect him loads i think questions needs to be raised over how effective Ambrose has been as our bowling coach in recent times.

In closing...to the gloater's!!..what comes around goes around. When we beat NZ in the 2012 t20 world cup a lot of hypocrites on this very thread were silent...did me and the other WI fans try to call out names and run our mouths? 8-) no!!..i guess that's the difference between supporting a team who has won everything cricket has to offer and supporting a team that's not done so well in that regard.

Also I'd urge Flem to refrain from trying to ridicule my screen name and character!!..you've been banned before for trying to insult me...you'd be wise not to go down that road again no matter how "hilarious" you and your equally immature buddies think it is 8-) .
Good on you for manning up and making an appearance Windie. I do think if the Windies had've had a few of those players they would have gone a bit better. When we were missing Ross and Kane against SA we got pumped.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I can't believe Holder is batting at 9. He's looked seriously good in every innings I've seen him. It's as ridiculous as when Vettori was our best batsman and we always played him at 8.
Only because Sammy and Russell are also quality lower order players. All three would be acceptable 7s and top class 8s.

Holder does look like he'll end up better than that though. Reminds me a tad of Oram.

Hurricane

Only because Sammy and Russell are also quality lower order players. All three would be acceptable 7s and top class 8s.

Holder does look like he'll end up better than that though. Reminds me a tad of Oram.
Holder tonight looked better than both of them on all levels. Especially batting IQ

Athlai

Not Terrible

My detractors will rejoice tonight and laugh at my expense...that's fine. But the bottom line remains that we had no head coach here and were missing around six top players during this world cup. Does that mean if we had them that we would have won the world cup? no...but lets just say NZ were missing Williamson (Darren Bravo) , Boult (Rampaul) , Mccullum (Pollard) , Elliot (Dwayne Bravo), and one of the best spinners in the limited overs formats in the world (Narine) how does everyone think they would do? :unsure:

In closing...to the gloater's!!..what comes around goes around. When we beat NZ in the 2012 t20 world cup a lot of hypocrites on this very thread were silent...did me and the other WI fans try to call out names and run our mouths? :nono: no!!..i guess that's the difference between supporting a team who has won everything cricket has to offer and supporting a team that's not done so well in that regard.

4/10.

Points given for showing up.