• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Star Wars Madness OTT and Weird

zorax

likes this
Who gives a ****. This forum doesn't matter. Just enjoy yourself and stop with this highschool forum nonsense

watson

Banned
Never mind the ham acting, Star Wars is about the music, and a genius called John Williams.

300 years from now the Beatles, Oasis, and Nirvana will be mere footnotes, but people will still be playing the original Starwars 'video' and listening to John Williams' music in their lounge-rooms.

Last edited:

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
True. This music and themes it represents is so ingrained in the psyches of people of a particular age.

vcs

Yeah, big fan of John Williams.. Jurassic Park and Schindler's List are pretty epic as well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There are weird clicking clackity noises of R2D2.

Also the score of Star Wars is meh. If you want to try good scores listen to 2001 a Space Odyssey or Godfather or 8 1/2 FFS.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, the Star Wars score just isn't meh though is it? Like the films or not, the music is absolutely iconic.

OverratedSanity

There are weird clicking clackity noises of R2D2.

Also the score of Star Wars is meh. If you want to try good scores listen to 2001 a Space Odyssey or Godfather or 8 1/2 FFS.
Come on, now you're just trolling.

Also the R2-D2 beep is one of the most iconic sound effects in movie history. But I can see why it can be annoying. You'd have to be a cynical, jaded **** though :p

OverratedSanity

And the 2001 soundtrack just used existing orchestral music for the most part didn't it? There wasn't any real music composed specifically for the movie.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You're dreaming. 2001 is effectively cheating, and while Nina Rota did fine work it's still not even comparable to John Williams score of Star Wars. No one is John Williams equal when it comes to composing film, not Rota, not Morricone, not Glass, not Elfman. He's the Bradman of his field.

OverratedSanity

Personal favourite is probably Basil Poledouris though. Riders of Doom gives me chills even when I start humming it in my head.

Last edited: