• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Star Wars Madness OTT and Weird

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't understand why so many people are so fanatical about Star Wars. It's a stupid movie franchise and even the creator thought the films were kiddish. Then there are so many people proclaiming that it's Star Wars day and what not. Eugh.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It's well written and directed. Does that mean the dialogue is rock solid? Of course not, that isn't what well written means haters.
It's got an ATG score.
It's perfect escapism.

Don't let what people like bother you, but don't be surprised when people think you're a ****wit when you profess how you don't like something they do. Because you are and I hate you.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's well written and directed. Does that mean the dialogue is rock solid? Of course not, that isn't what well written means haters.
It's got an ATG score.
It's perfect escapism.

Don't let what people like bother you, but don't be surprised when people think you're a ****wit when you profess how you don't like something they do. Because you are and I hate you.
Firstly, people should say when they feel a trend/obsession/fandom is odd. There is no harm in that. Lucas himself didn't think a big deal of them and parted ways.

Also, yes, the movies and the fandom seems silly to me. There is shot in the fourth episode where they shoot with the laser guns and the two characters run from one end to the other and they don't get even a scratch. The movies just don't hold. The level of craziness of the fans towards the films and the number of fans just doesn't seen reasonable to me to any degree.

PS - I do love the vintage Star Wars toy line from the time. That was great.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Also, another aspect is that every one loves to proclaim their deep fandom for the movies and franchise. That's really odd to me. I can understand people from the time when the first three films were released having such craze for them. However, for the next couple of generations, the hardcore fan base should be far less for instance. They would have other things to feel nostalgic about. However, here they are, so many new younglings getting crazy about these films. WTF. It is like every second guy on the street proclaiming they are huge Batman fans despite having not read the comics, say. Every second person in the world cannot be a huge fan of cricket if they just watched one cricket match, could they? And then proclaim they are die hard fans and what not.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Firstly, people should say when they feel a trend/obsession/fandom is odd. There is no harm in that. Lucas himself didn't think a big deal of them and parted ways.

Also, yes, the movies and the fandom seems silly to me. There is shot in the fourth episode where they shoot with the laser guns and the two characters run from one end to the other and they don't get even a scratch. The movies just don't hold. The level of craziness of the fans towards the films and the number of fans just doesn't seen reasonable to me to any degree.

PS - I do love the vintage Star Wars toy line from the time. That was great.
Dude, thats explained in the movie because they WANTED them to escape. They put a tracker on the ship. It isn't even subtle.

Also there is a magic force in the universe that helps the main characters. It's legitimately a suspend your disbelief franchise.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dude, thats explained in the movie because they WANTED them to escape. They put a tracker on the ship. It isn't even subtle.

Also there is a magic force in the universe that helps the main characters. It's legitimately a suspend your disbelief franchise.
The Storm Troopers wanted them to escape??

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Storm Troopers wanted them to escape??
Things we know: magic is real and guides the protagonists, the bad guys wanted them to escape.

What did the average soldier know? Who gives a ****, these are the sorts of questions you don't really have to ask yourselves, because Star Wars isn't real.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The scene shows lots of lazers being shot at the two characters and they run across the hall and none hits them some how. Not a scratch.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The scene shows lots of lazers being shot at the two characters and they run across the hall and none hits them some how. Not a scratch.
You keep ignoring the force/magic being an actual thing that exists, and the decent likelihood that the troopers were aiming to miss/herding the protagonists.

But if you want to pick at a point of a movie about laser swords, space magic, and planet destroying space stations as unrealistic, well power to you.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I feel sorry for you, being able to be get hooked in by the joy of Star Wars is brilliant.
Fair enough. Wish I could understand the passion. I do appreciate it for some one like you as you wouldn't be passionate just for the heck of it, ftr.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Could have always trusted you to not like Star Wars per say DCYE. You are cool.

BTW #starwarsday is trending in India now 4th. :@