• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd June - Group A - Australia v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Australia

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

"They got 296 and I would say 290 is a par score here so just above par I'd say" - Warne

Edit: I just checked the score and it's actually 291..but then Warne would probably get the score wrong anyway so **** it

Last edited:

91Jmay

No adjustment as they got bowled out. Real shambles.

Need Boult now to bowl a few away, Warner/Smith else it is done.

Spark

Global Moderator
I have to say the general production values of the broadcast of this tournament seems vastly superior to those of the last WC (though that probably isn't surprising given whose people are involved in each case)

Meridio

And also yeah it's really really stupid of us to get bowled out given we've lost overs - even an extra 10 runs could make a difference here.

weldone

Both matches going in same direction so far - good start but bad ending to the 1st innings

Let's see if NZ let Australia repeat what England did yesterday

quincywagstaff

Good comeback by Oz bowlers after a poor first 15 overs.

I think the real turning point was Cummins final spell when he really shook up NZ 5/6 bats and that seemed to intimidate the rest of the bats.

Reckon Smith missed a trick early by not bringing on Hastings and/or Head earlier than he did to slow things up. Even though he got hit a bit later on, reckon Hastings helped turn the tide for Oz with some nice guile in his opening couple of spells.

quincywagstaff

Re: Starc, he was rusty but I reckon he hasn't been at top form in any form of the game since that training accident injury last October or so. Certainly tapered off a bit as a ODI bowler.

Black_Warrior

Re: Starc, he was rusty but I reckon he hasn't been at top form in any form of the game since that training accident injury last October or so. Certainly tapered off a bit as a ODI bowler.
Correct .
Was below par against South Africa and Pakistan during the test series too

Last edited: